Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

I'm excited for the book but not the Mega Box, as I fear it'll mean a 6-12 month delay before the hardback version is released.  Let's hope they go for a simultaneous release.

And now IC is on the horizon, the hype for Bequin book 3 can really begin.

They haven’t had anywhere close to a 6 month delay for a while now. Morvenn Vahl and Fall of Cadia only had a few months between the mega LEs and regular edition. Still not ideal, but a lot better than 6-12 months.

I was at a black library weekender in 2013 where Dan Abnett talked about it. I got to meet him (and talk to him about one of my books) go to some brilliant talks, and meet loads of my favourite  authors. Just hearing about this is giving me a wave of nostalgia. If there's anyone in BL with the power to make it happen, please please please have another weekender in Dublin!

Does anyone know if Games Workshop cancelled the "Black Library Weekender" future BL novels reveal event that used to take place in November every year and replaced it with the "Black Library Celebration" in the month of February?

They haven’t had a weekender in a number of years as far as I know. They’ve done a BL preview event in December the past couple of years. Hopefully that continues.

If there ever was a time to bring back the BL Weekender, it would be right after the huge success of SM2 and before the potential explosion of interest from TV deals. 99% sure they won’t do it but a man can dream.

Edited by LemartestheLost
Grammar

If there ever was a time to bring back the BL Weekender, it would be right after the huge success of SM2 and before the potential explosion of interest from TV deals. 99% sure they won’t do it but a man can dream.

GW missing out on easy money because they don't have tie-in marketing and products due to either lack of planning or laziness?

I am aghast

Aghast I say

Edited by darkhorse0607

Does anyone know if Games Workshop cancelled the "Black Library Weekender" future BL novels reveal event that used to take place in November every year and replaced it with the "Black Library Celebration" in the month of February?

They cancelled it a few years ago after years of it being successful and appreciated. It was not replaced.

They also had an event called BL Live in June. They also cancelled that.

The BL Celebration day in February existed back then already, and that has been scaled down the last few years to a few book releases. In 2024 it was particularly lightweight.

The future releases part of the weekender is now in digital form each December, however the amount previewed there is significantly less than what was previewed at the Weekenders. 

Edited by Taliesin

As a fan of Double Eagle, it's good to see Interceptor City finally getting a release - hopefully there's an e-book and audiobook released at the same time as the physical release :smile: 

As we're also getting Denny Flowers' new book, it seems to be a good time for fans of aircraft books :smile: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova