Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

This image alone makes me wish that the forum had a sad face/depressed reaction. 

Agreed. I work in book production and my first reaction was 'oh, honey no...'

I can only hope that the printer's proofs that were sent and any office copies were fine so this one is a one off. But if every set is like that its a pretty bad mistake which should have been caught at multiple stages before the finished copies got shipped from the printer.

Seeing other people posting photos of their copies, this one isn't one off, some are better, some are worse.

The forges of Mars Box set was also messed up, Gotrek Rfalmslayer as well, one of the DoF LEs is missing a logo, Krieg's LEs don't line up nicely in all cases, etc. For the price BL is asking for these books, they surely don't give a flying f* about quality.

Seeing other people posting photos of their copies, this one isn't one off, some are better, some are worse.

The forges of Mars Box set was also messed up, Gotrek Rfalmslayer as well, one of the DoF LEs is missing a logo, Krieg's LEs don't line up nicely in all cases, etc. For the price BL is asking for these books, they surely don't give a flying f* about quality.

I'm still pissed off that my HH black book IX does not have 'Games Workshop' on the spine, like the previous eight did!

Also how the two black book Macragges Honour LE's have completely misaligned spines.

Edited by Ubiquitous1984

Did BL increase the prices of hardbacks again? I haven't bought any directly from them, but it seems fairly recent. These are the increases by region.

10%    GBP
16%    EUR
17%    USD
14%    CAD

So, non-UK regions are getting hit again, already facing higher prices in general.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
=][= Don't dodge the swear filter =][=

Did BL increase the prices of hardbacks again? I haven't bought any directly from them, but it seems fairly recent. These are the increases by region.

10%    GBP
16%    EUR
17%    USD
14%    CAD

So, non-UK regions are getting hit again, already facing higher prices in general.

It does have the effect on me that I become more choosy about what I buy from them. If I feel a bit ambivalent, its a pass.

10%    GBP
16%    EUR
17%    USD
14%    CAD

Yeah, as a CAD Spender...it's not like I was running out for BL books as is.

"Help us ADB. You're our only hope!"