Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

21 hours ago, wecanhaveallthree said:

You can just say 'I don't think wechat's listening', Roomsky, I won't be offended. I'm always listening.

Yes, one would imagine a book titled INTERCEPTOR CITY would feature Interceptors fighting in a City, though no doubt Abnett is using 'city' in the loose airman sense of 'this particular section of the grid is known for air battles' e.g. Ace Combat's Round Table, a fairly open stretch of wasteland between warring countries where giant dogfights pulled in all comers from nearby sectors. But it's the most nondescript background imaginable (it really does look like AoS), there's a big metal box faded into the background that could be a plane but whose proportions just never look right, whether you're looking at 'front' or 'back', with a rather unspectacular guy who has more nonessential pouches on them than a 90's X-Man (no doubt a heartfelt Abentt tribute to Liefield). There's just nothing compositionally or independently interesting about the cover. It doesn't draw me in, except to - once again - wonder at the necessity of having a honking great knife strapped on while one is, ostensibly, flying a plane. 

Double Eagle was absolutely a book about People rather than Planes. But that cover is excellent. Crosshairs, big fat bombers, a desert below - you know what it's about from a glance.

Funnily enough, the one thing I can forgive on the cover is the big honking knife. Having been around military aviators my entire life (my father was in a fighter squadron), I know multiple guys that flew/currently fly with Bowie knives strapped to their thighs in case they go down. May be an American thing, I'm not sure.

On 10/12/2024 at 10:39 PM, theSpirea said:

BL and GW being completely disjointed at operating.

BL has always been bad. GW has dropped the mask and is clearly just as bad if not as outright anti-fan as they used to be.

Dysfunction is now the name of the game for GW and letting BL rot is just part of that.

18 hours ago, Krelious said:

Its been over two years since they released an ADB book, im thinking its not because the books havent been written but rather because they are afraid of another scalping incident. 

I really dont think so. I am sure they would bring an ADB book for publication if they actually had it.

On 10/15/2024 at 10:53 PM, wecanhaveallthree said:

Double Eagle was absolutely a book about People rather than Planes. But that cover is excellent. Crosshairs, big fat bombers, a desert below - you know what it's about from a glance.

I wonder why there is no reprint for Double Eagle planned to coincide with the release of Interceptor City. 

I'd suggest because the person responsible for reprinting books will only find out about Interceptor City several years in the future while browsing back through this very thread. Their monocle will pop out. Their suspenders will go 'sproiiiing'. The cat will yowl in the background.

Then they'll do another run of Xenos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjuOlOyKmfE

Interesting talk by former Warhammer writer Chris Dows from the Warhammer Conference; subject includes talking about his experience working on Khârn: The Red Path, Elysian Drop Troops audio dramas, and Titan's Bane.

Edited by skylerboodie
typo

18 hours ago, Taliesin said:

I really dont think so. I am sure they would bring an ADB book for publication if they actually had it.

I wonder why there is no reprint for Double Eagle planned to coincide with the release of Interceptor City. 

Well im guessing with TEATD over with, we might see some anthology to close off the Siege from some leaks, theres also the final Primarch novel to come out, I wouldnt doubt that they are sleeping on at least BL3 until something preceding it comes out. From reading the authors' afterwards from some novels released recently it seems like some books were written a long time ago.  I also dont think theres any coincidence that since TEAND vol 3 was released we have seen a sum total of 0 books being heavily scalped or the website crashing due to demand because they are deliberately releasing novels/CE that are not in high demand or overwhelmingly popular. 

I would be interested to see what happens when The Infinite and the Divine CE comes out. 

20 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjuOlOyKmfE

Interesting talk by former Warhammer writer Chris Dows from the Warhammer Conference; subject includes talking about his experience working on Khârn: The Red Path, Elysian Drop Troops audio dramas, and Titan's Bane.

Those Chris Dows audio dramas were ace. The Elysians were framed so well, and Titan's Bane has such a good ending, too. Great stuff, and it's a shame they axed audio dramas entirely.

Edited by DarkChaplain