New army, new boxed sets and old metal figures.

HunterOfWabbits

I have last time touch warhammer 40k minis in third edition. I just buyed some new stuff

- Combat Patrol

- Sister of Battle squad

- Hospitaller

- Sister Dogmata

- Palantine

- Morvenn Vahl

- Junith Eruita

- Paragon Warsuits

- Celestine Living Saints

- Dialogus

- Engines of Redemption

- Aestred Thurga, Reguilant at arms

- Immolator

- Exorcist

- Castigator

- Celestian Sacresants

- Retrubutor Squad

- Knight Dominus

I just dig up several old metal sisters.  I just count that those I can make 5 x Sister Of Battle Squad inc. Heavy weapons, Special Weapon and Simulacum Imperialis. 1 x Dominions, 1 x Retributors, Cannoness and one  Flying unit with jetpack. I must dig one old Immolator and Exorcist too...

So my question is Sacresacnts which I use mace or halberd?

Is Melta/MultiMelta option better for basic squads or speciliaced Dominion and retributor squads.

What heroes are must and which squad they should join.

I did invertarion to old metal figures

8 Flamers

2 Meltagun

7 Simulacum Imperialis

5 Heavy bolter

4 Heavy flamers

4 Multimeltas

2 same cannones

7 Sister superiors, 3 with same pose

1 Different cannoness maybe holy bracier in back, one hand scroll or book, one hand still missing

4 different assasins (Older type)

2 female Inquisitiors (One with power maul and one with sword. They have spend too much Imperium money to hair salons)

39 Sisters with bolt gun

Still missing

Krykov, Jacob, 2 preachers, 5 Seraphins and old saint selestine, 3 x first edition Inquisitiors. Offcourse there will be something I dont remember too..

Dominions, retributors and sacrescants are utter trash this ed, put them back in the cupboard:yes:

Vhal with suits are decent, but they can become a crutch, if they die then your stuffed. 

None of the basic characters are essential, or stand out, so just take what you like:thumbsup:

Junith is handy for the cp generation. 

Flamers are ok, just don't expect miracles:tongue:

MM really need a buff and are sub par atm. 

Alot of sisters stuff has not kept up with the toughness increases, so there's a load of units that were good, that have been pushed into mediocre or undeforming category:sad:

and seems alot of sisters players have shelved their armies atm, so sisters subforums on multiple platforms are a bit void of content atm. 

Hopefully that will change when the codex comes out:mellow:

Triumph of St. Katherine has gone up from "Fluffy Choice" to "Auto-Include"

If you want a strong sisters army, you need multi-meltas in Basic Sisters Squads with a Dialogus and a Palatine. This squad load out is our "core" unit, and you should have 2-3 of them, and then a Triumph attached to another BSS, and then fill in with fast objective grabbers or other damage dealers. We're not the best, so we have to play objectives very heavy while relying on souped-up miracle dice to punch through armor.

Dialogus makes the miracle dice a six, palatine makes that a wound. Triumph lets you do that as many times as you have dice.

I have order it, but several weeks ago it was Temporitly Out Of Stock :) So mine is coming.

There was resons why I count my metal miniatyres. So I know what weapons I can get from thems and what on plastic box. I need bu some bigge bases to old sisters. I try elevate them too, to match height of new miniaturyes.

3 hours ago, MoshJason said:

Triumph of St. Katherine has gone up from "Fluffy Choice" to "Auto-Include"

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 1:41 PM, Emperor Ming said:

and seems alot of sisters players have shelved their armies atm, so sisters subforums on multiple platforms are a bit void of content atm. 

I want to believe. I want to keep hope alive. 

I am one of the many that has shelved their armies due to 10th ed. But it was all my 3+ of my armies.

Outside of the Rules it was because I moved and I am in the process of selling my house. So my hobby area is non exisistenat at the moment (mainly cause I don't have a desk). I do plan on returning but they way my group is right now it may not be in 10th. I'll still buy the new dex and cards for Grey Knights and Adepta Sororitas when they come out. 

Would love to see the progress of your  models.  

On 12/13/2023 at 1:41 PM, Emperor Ming said:

Dominions, retributors and sacrescants are utter trash this ed, put them back in the cupboard:yes:

Vhal with suits are decent, but they can become a crutch, if they die then your stuffed. 

None of the basic characters are essential, or stand out, so just take what you like:thumbsup:

Junith is handy for the cp generation. 

Flamers are ok, just don't expect miracles:tongue:

MM really need a buff and are sub par atm. 

Alot of sisters stuff has not kept up with the toughness increases, so there's a load of units that were good, that have been pushed into mediocre or undeforming category:sad:

I agree with most of this, but I'll push back a bit:

I still like Dominions and Retributors; Doms and Immolators are interesting- the vehicle allows you to split the mandatory 10 woman unit into 5 woman combat squads- you can mount one or the other in the Immolator, or even take an extra Immolator and mount both. You can also attach a Palatine, who has Scout, which allows the Immolator to use scout.

So one 10 woman Dom Squad allows two Immolators to have scout, and one of those units can also have a Palatine which gives the Unit Lethal Hits. Now it's true that the Meltaguns those Doms are carrying didn't get a strength boost to compensate for increased vehicle toughness, but there's a 17% chance that strength won't matter because the hits will wound automatically, and on the turn they disembark provided the Immolator hit the target the Doms are shooting, they get to reroll any failed wounds... Improving their odds of wounding substantially, despite their relatively low strength.

Retributors have the same advantage upon disembarking from an Immolator, but they don't get to claim their stationary bonus on the turn they disembark, so increased wounding is diminished by decreased hits. Where Retributors are fun is in Rhinos, which have a firing deck, allowing 2 of them to fire from the rhino on the move.

And I might add that for Doms with or without Palatines, and for Rets if your group is okay with Legends, Repressors are an option. I'm also secretly hoping that we get a plastic Repressor this edition because firing deck rules make it awesome and the release of Adeptus Arbites in plastic would make it a good choice for an Agents transport.

Is all of this as good as some of the tricks the other factions can pull off? No, not really. But it's not what I would call "Utter Trash" either.

As for Cannonesses and Palatines- they aren't awesome, it's true- but the thing about them is that that a lot of the other, more interesting characters can join BSS squads, even if a Cannoness or Palatine is already attached- which means that now your objective holding, Miracle dice generating unit has lethal hits on all of its weapons IN ADDITION to, say the 4+ invulnerable save conferred by an Imagifier, or the Auto 6 MD buff from the Dialogus.

Because of MD, I think you want as many as you can get and you want to double character all of them- make them as hard to shift and as immortal as you can, and do your best to grind as many Miracle Dice as you can generate. And speaking of Miracles, who doesn't like free Simulacra and Cherubs for everyone? And for that matter, free Hunter Killer Missiles offer at least something to offset the Melta/ Strength problem.

Some thoughts on Junith:

I tend to play smallish games, where named characters aren't really fluffy. I'm hoping to grow a Crusade army to the size where such a character would make sense, but I haven't managed to pull it off yet. And in Junith's case, I like all the components of the model, but I'm not sure I like the total package- so I'd head swap the model and use her as a plain old foot cannoness with a Brazier of Holy Fire and I'd kitbash the Pulpit with a Knight and an exorcist to create a Sororitas allied Freeblade.

You can almost get two Cannonesses for one Junith, and while they aren't guaranteed to generate Command points, they can take Rods of Office to get a 50% chance to recover any CP their unit spends.

Sororitas Knight.jpg

Sorry having been awfull Flu.

Thanks for all replies.

I have build at least

Sisters Of Battle Squad x 4

• Simalcrum imperialis
  • Flamer
  • Multimelta

Sisters Of Battle Squad

• Simalcrum imperialis
  • Flamer
  • Heavy Bolter

Argo Flagellants

• 3 A-flails

Dominion Squad

• Simalcrum imperialis
  • 2 x Flamer
  • 2 x Melta Gun

Retributor Squad

• Combi Weapon
  • 4 Heavy Bolters

Retributor Squad

• Combi Weapon
  • 4 Heavy Flamers

Repentia

• 9 Eviscreator
  • 1 Neural Whips

Repentia

• 9 Eviscreator
  • 1 Neural Whips

Seraphim Squad

• 5 Models From Combat Patrol

Seraphim Squad

• 5 Models one metal with Hand Flamers

Other Stuff

• Pentient Engine Combat Patrol box
  • Sister Of Battle Squad Combat Patrol box
  • Sister Of Battle Squad box
  • Retributor Squad Box
  • Hospitaller

• Sister Dogmata

• Palantine

• Morvenn Vahl

• Junith Eruita

• Paragon Warsuits

• Celestine Living Saints

• Dialogus

• Engines of Redemption

• Aestred Thurga, Reguilant at arms

• Castigator

• Celestian Sacresants

• Old Immolator

• New Immolator

• Rhino

• Old Excorcist

• New Ecorxist

These are my building blocks this time. I can swap Meltaguns to Sister Squad and make Flamer Dominion squad with 2  x Immolators

Army.jpg

Basing.jpg

FemInq.jpg

Work to do.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks asking, I feel lot better. Yesterday I was shoppin more stuff. Like Noviates (mostly for kit bashing), Zepryhims and second box for retributors. 

For retributors, Now I have 3 squad of Retributors, one of Heavy Bolter 4x, Heavy Flamer 4x and Multimelta 4x. I still keep four sister squads as multimeltas so troops have 8 multimeltas.

Zepryhim/seprahim boxes are good. I have 10 monobose seraphims, 5 Metal Seraphims and 10 Zepryhims.

So should I made Zepryhims as 10 squad or 2 x 5 squad.

For which is better 10 squad 4 models with hand flamers or 2 x squads 2 models with hand flamers. Then those Infermo pistol, should I mix hand flamers with Infermo pistols, make squads with only infermo pistols not hand flamers.

I am gonna make Hopspitaller, Dialogue and Dogmata from parts of noviate kits (Not using noviate models because I wan one noviate sqaud).

Purhace list still have boixed cannoness, Immolator (Then 3 of these), Excorcist (Now 3 of these), Castigator (now 2 of these)

MAybe even Repentia and Argoflagellant boxes.

Seraphim I used to run 4 handflamers in the squad but I’m switching to 2 handflamers 2 melta pistols plus plasma on superior 

zephyrim I feel the 2 5 sisters will be better 

how you gonna equip your noviate squad?

I love repentia….i have 2 squads of 10. But they either die to gunfire or make it to melee and tank hits from dreads and big things until that thing explodes and they die. One of my squads has like 4 plus dreadnought class kills in 3 games of 9th

I like one squad of 10 - they are fairly reliable on the charge from deepstrike, and I usually run Celestine with them - as a big guided missile in the opponent's backline. Save a few miracle dice for the charge, and you can reliably have them cut down anything you need. 

Sister Of Battle, The Relic Hunters Force

Special Characters Pool

⦁    Celestine Living Saint, The order of martyred lady
⦁    Aestred Thurga,  Reliquant at Arms, the Orders Pronatus, Agathae Dolan
⦁    Junith Eruita Canoness Superior, The Order of Our Martyred Lady 
⦁    Triump of Saint Katherine The Shield Bearer, The Order of the Fiery Heart/order of martyred lady
⦁    Morvenn Vahl, Abbess of the Adepta Sororita/ High Lord of Terra, Order of the Argent Shroud

Characters Pool

⦁    Canoness Ellyrine. plasma pistol, power weapon, rod of office.
⦁    Cannoness (Metal)
⦁    Palantine
⦁    Imagifier
⦁    Hospitaller
⦁    Dogmata
⦁    Dialoqus

Battleline Pool

⦁    Sister Squad, Multimelta, Melta gun, Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)
⦁    Sister Squad, Multimelta, Melta gun, Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)
⦁    Sister Squad, Multimelta, Flamer, Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)
⦁    Sister Squad, Multimelta, Flamer, Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)
⦁    Sister Squad, Heavybolter, Flamer, Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)

Transport Pool

⦁    Rhino HK-Missile, Stormbolter
⦁    Rhino HK-Missile, Stormbolter
⦁    Immolator HK-Missile (Metal)
⦁    Immolator HK-Missile

Other Units Pool

⦁    Dominion Squad, Sister Superior, 4 x Flamer,  Simulacrum Imperialis (Metal)
⦁    9 Noviates, Superior plasmapistol and powerweapon, Sacred banner,  Simulacrum Imperialis, 2 x Flamer
⦁    4 Celestian Sacresants, Sacresan Superior
⦁    2 Paragon Warsuits, Paragon Superior, 3 x Multimelta, 3 x Paragon Warmace
⦁    9 Repentia, Repentia Superior (Metal)
⦁    8 Repentia, Repentia Superior
⦁    4 Seraphim, Seraphim Superior Plasma pistol and Power Sword, 2 x hand flamer (Metal)
⦁    9 Seraphim, Seraphim Superior Plasma pistol and Power Sword, 4 x hand flamer, 4 x Infermo pistol
⦁    9 Seraphim, Seraphim Superior Plasma pistol and Power Sword, 4 x hand flamer, 4 x Infermo pistol
⦁    4 Zepryhim, Zephyrim Superior Plasma Pistol, Sacred Banner
⦁    4 Zepryhim, Zephyrim Superior Plasma Pistol, Sacred Banner
⦁    4 Retibutors, Retributor Superior, 4 x Multimelta
⦁    4 Retibutors, Retributor Superior, 4 x Heavy Bolter (Metal)
⦁    4 Retibutors, Retributor Superior, 4 x Heavy Flamer (Metal)
⦁    6 Argo-Flagellants This or 2 x 3 A-F squads

Tanks/Engines Pool

⦁    Mortifier, Anchorite Sarcophagus, 2 heavy bolters, Twin Pentien Flails
⦁    Mortifier, Anchorite Sarcophagus, 2 heavy bolters, Twin Pentien Flails
⦁    Pentient Engine
⦁    Pentient Engine
⦁    Exorcist HK-Missile (Metal)
⦁    Exorcist HK-Missile
⦁    Castigator HK-Missile, Storm Bolter, Battle Cannon

That is a heck of a collection!

The balance of metal and plastic is interesting; I'm not using my metals and plastics together. I'm light on tanks but heavy on walkers. My three classic PE's are the one exception I might be willing to use alongside my plastics. I'd like to see side by sides of old vs new Exorcists and Immos.  

Posted (edited)

I will make comprasion those Metal and new tanks, but You will be dissapointed from Immo, its first model of immos :( . I also have some Missionary (Jacob), COnfessor (Krykov?), preacher metal miniature. Same for Celestine. But I havent found them yet. I am still moving. I packed my miniatures to many big boxes. There are too many just start opening middle of this. I have Imperial Guard, Orcs, Blood Angels,  Space Wolves plus some odd miniatures from Grey nigths, Arbites, Assasins, Servitors, Squats, Genestaller Cult etc. But those are from Rogue Trader - 3rd edition models :)

Forgot Chaos and daemons

Edited by HunterOfWabbits

I have my first canoness from 1997 that I’m planning on repainting one day I need to get all my pewter models from my parents house