Can I still use greater Possessed in 10th?

hd3
Go to solution Solved by Dr_Ruminahui,

• Solution

Yes.  The greater possessed are essentially just possessed this edition - basically, they phased out the old possessed kit with the new one, whose models are all the same size as the greater possessed.  Perhaps the most accurate way of thinking of the greater possessed is as a dry run for the new possessed models.

If you want to see a picture of the greater possessed models side by side with the new possessed, here are some of mine - the guy with the flag on the right and the guy in the lower left are both greater possessed models, the others are from the new possessed kit.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I have the 2 'greater possesed' models and was thinking of getting the new 5 man possessed kit, and then the eightbound kit to kitbash and make it up to 10 models.

Has anyone tried kitbashing the eightbound kit with the possesed kit to make them less khorne-y?

The Eightbound kit is very monopose and really only fit just-so without greenstuff work. It’s pretty annoying. That said, you can leave off the chest armor, and just file off the belt buckle Khorne icons. You can also leave off the shoulder pads, or just use the ones with horns on them and no Khorne or World Eaters icons.

No easy way to exclude the Butcher’s Nails dreadlocks, but that’s not the end of the world. They don’t really have many Khorne symbols on them, it’s mostly just on their big wrestler belts.

I use my Eightbound as possessed, as I had he two greater possessed earlier, but I do mark them Khorne most of the time, so the can take down larger stuff with the leathla hits in close combat. The bad thing marking them Khorne is that you can't attach a Master of Possession. My group is not that fuzzed when I use them marked other things, Slaanesh is the other way I have tried them so they can become even faster and that they have sustained hits in melee, plus the they can have a master attached to them.

eightbound1.jpg

Oh and here is a size comparison, eightbound, "greater" possessed, Berzerker, Old school Space wolf.

size.thumb.jpg.0b928a3e9291e7facb45a8b30af2b8a7.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

Edited by Cpt.Danjou
Added the size comparison picture.

On 12/26/2023 at 3:27 AM, Cpt.Danjou said:

I use my Eightbound as possessed, as I had he two greater possessed earlier, but I do mark them Khorne most of the time, so the can take down larger stuff with the leathla hits in close combat. The bad thing marking them Khorne is that you can't attach a Master of Possession. My group is not that fuzzed when I use them marked other things, Slaanesh is the other way I have tried them so they can become even faster and that they have sustained hits in melee, plus the they can have a master attached to them.

eightbound1.jpg

Oh and here is a size comparison, eightbound, "greater" possessed, Berzerker, Old school Space wolf.

size.thumb.jpg.0b928a3e9291e7facb45a8b30af2b8a7.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

Run them Undivided with the MoP and pop Profane Zeal on them.  Reroll any wound rolls that aren't 6s and go fishing for Devastating Wounds.  I've taken down Knights doing that.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a unit of the week Possessed thread so may as well post here.

After a bunch of stuff got more expensive I'm thinking about using these guys a bit more. 

Is a blob of 10 with the master of Possession the best way to go? I'm kind of wary of big melee units so wondering whether two 5s is better, the way the game seems to favour shooting rather than melee, either way this unit could get rinsed before doing anything or blocked by chaff. 

I guess with 10 and the MoP you'll get more benefit to the advance / charge rolls + the FNP.

Is it always this quiet in the Chaos section? I thought after the dataslate there'd be a lot of people talking about the changes / potential lists but it's more of a tumbleweed vibe. Is there a better forum for that kind of stuff? Even the dataslate thread was shut down because people were actually discussing things there lol

I've run a unit of 10 possessed in a couple of games with a MoP against orks and have been pretty happy with them - they hit pretty hard when they get in and are reasonably resilient.  Personally, I think that is the way to field them as I suspect a 5 man unit might not have enough bodies to get across the table and then deal damage when they get there.