Black Reaving and Retinues

Razorblade

So the Core rules are clear that all models in a unit have to have the Deep Strike special rule in order to use it and Black Reaving idiotically does not give terminator characters DS per se, however I am unsure how this applies to Retinue and their leaders.

Since Black Reaving gives DS to Justaerin Terminators (the unit) and Characters and their Retinue are a single unit, would a Praetor/Delegatus with a Retinue of Justaerin get Deep Strike? Or would he keep the entire unit from using it since he specifically is not mentioned to get it? 

No, I think. The entire members of the unit must have the same rule. Justaerin have,but Praetor/Non-Horus Lupercal-character don't, so they can't. 

Screenshot_20231219_013145_ReadEra.jpg

Edited by AGRAMAR

8 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

No, I think. The entire members of the unit must have the same rule. Justaerin have,but Praetor/Non-Horus-Lupercal character don't, so they can't. 

That much is definitely true. I was wondering however if being part of, not attached to, the unit of justaerin would mean that the master of the legion would also get the Deep Strike special rule when Black Reaving confers it to the unit.

Even being "part of" is not the same of   "just be it". I mean, even if the miniature is attached in the very same moment you make the list,is a different unit afterall and if the rules don't  specify it, one unit don't gain/share rules from the other and viceversa. And clearly,and sadly in this case for us, rule as is written is very clear

Edited by AGRAMAR