MK iii Space Wolves

Theduke08

Im partial to the new HH MKs and have decided to bash some Grey Hunters using the MK III armor.  The old arms fit fairly well but the size discrepancies are hidden by the new shoulder pads.  Im going to keep chipping away at a full squad and will see if I can make it to a full 10.

thumbnail_IMG_7939.thumb.jpg.fb1c54362585eccdf20c0dbd85a3132f.jpg

@Brother Dallo thanks dude!  the colors are pretty simple.  I do use an airbrush for basecoating.  I start with THE FANG, followed with RUSS GREY and then finish up with FENRISIAN GREY.  I use some oil to weather it up and then finish with some matt varnish.  

Here is a midstage work in progress on the Skyclaw Pack Leader.  

The new HH assault marines were just too nice to not paint up.  The kits are very crisp and have been very fun to work with so far. 

thumbnail_IMG_7942.thumb.jpg.f75c894db955bc97691556fec73e1e27.jpg

Finished the pack leader for my Skyclaws.  This kit is fantastic and kinda makes me sad that we arent going to get any new first born kits anymore.  The proportions and the overall "crispness" of these new HH kits is fantastic.  I think I'm going to bounce back and forth between the Grey Hunters and Skyclaws to see if I can stave off hobby fatigue.

thumbnail_IMG_7944.thumb.jpg.77e3a0d9ba606f9b7aa0850d7ed8e6b5.jpg

Finished (minus the base) a second blood claw.  I used some "oyumaru blue stuff" to make some casts of thunderwolf fur and made some small patches of fur to bolt onto my Space Wolfs.  I feel like it adds just enough detail without being overwhelmingly "wolfy".  I plan on bouncing back and forth between a unit of Blood Claws and Grey Hunters.

thumbnail_IMG_7987.thumb.jpg.fd9de481821eea4e24a6a864ab29cbf9.jpg

• 2 months later...