Painting question

malarki

So let’s say we stepped away from the hobby for like 3-4 years just so to school life etc. You have time again and a bunch of stuff you want to build and paint. But I want to do the normal red now. How ever I have done a unit of rangers/ infiltrators/ a tank and 1 dragoon with this color scheme. Do I finish this can I make it work that those models are this color I think repainting them will ruin the models. What are my options or suggestions please.

2132.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

There's really two options, strip the paint from them, or repaint.

If the first paint work is thin enough, you should have no issues repriming and painting again without loss of detail. I have done up to 3 primes and paints without stripping.

@Grotsmasha so only the rangers are fully completed everything else has like a base coat of the blue and zandari dust done for like pants etc. Could I just paint over the blue with the red? Leave the rangers as the lone unit that is this way and idk put some lore behind they are some elite scout unit and just leave them alone altogether?

Edited by malarki

Looks like it is a good base before doing detailing. 

A little bit too red for my taste, but once we start going into topics of persoonal preferences it is obviously so biased that it does not deserve being taking into consideration...

4 hours ago, Bouargh said:

Looks like it is a good base before doing detailing. 

A little bit too red for my taste, but once we start going into topics of persoonal preferences it is obviously so biased that it does not deserve being taking into consideration...

@Bouarghluckily I haven’t done a wash yet, probably do agrayhax for the red and black to make it a bit more dirty and nul for the metals. I really just wanted to mess around with the plasma affect

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Madao said:

Paint the Opus Machina! And add some highlights to the black sleeves, as they look very flat (at least on the photo). But looks nice. Now few dozens more :)

@Madaowhats a good color to highlight the black with?

Pure black? Mix in some other colour and use it. E.g some red or blue or green (I would go with the green in your case). Then add some white to the mix for most prominent edges/points.

But in the future I strongly recommend to not use pure black as a basecoat - dark (dark!) grey is way better, as it can be shaded, while black cannot. Then you can easily build better contrast and make it not look dull