New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

OK so I gave in… my son is sacrificing his pocket money for us to have a shared subscription from newsstand. So technically it’s me buying it (lol) but it saves me a tenner a month paying him so in the end works out only about £14-20 each month extra if I order it 4 or 5 issues at a time. We’re going to keep 3 factions each and then sell the orks, GSC and CSM to help fund it.

Price:

90 issues x £6 = £540

Sell 3 factions to make back approx £200

So £340 for 6 combat patrols, 4 brushes, 31 paints and 6 extra units… that way I think it’s excellent value, especially spread over nearly 2 years.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot - and we get 90 magazines :facepalm::laugh:

Edited by TheArtilleryman

I signed up, I'll get the first few issues at least, then cherry pick the rest. Though I have to say I got very few issues of conquest this time round, the terrain was some of the best stuff. 

Honestly I just want the infernus marine, which I guess will be issue 5

The magazine exclusive models have always been Issue 5 to date, in both the 40K and AoS magazines. No reason to expect that’ll change with this run.

I’m still slightly annoyed this exclusive model is an Infernus marine - especially as I can’t take a 6 man squad of them. Should have been an HQ like the last 2 40K mags.

My local place has ripped open their Leviathan boxes and sells box-less internus Marines, $30 for the squad. 

Issue 5 will be coming with a unique Infernus Marine.

a275afe0ff18a72491c3df23d295e57383da.jpg

I'll be trying to get a hold them myself, since the regular squad is 5 marines double up it's nice to have someone unique leading them. I also picked up the 40k introductory magazine which comes with a unique Infernus marine to help cut down on double. 

This guy, the termies and the Von Ryan's Leapers are all I'm really after this time round. Maybe if someone crops up in my local news agents that really catches my eye I'll get that too but nothing particular in mind.

Edited by CL_Mission

Maybe GW finally ran out of Space Marine Lieutenants. :cool:

Or they really didn't want them having pyreblasters for some reason, seeing as with that sculpt it really is just down to base size and paint..

I’m still slightly annoyed this exclusive model is an Infernus marine - especially as I can’t take a 6 man squad of them. Should have been an HQ like the last 2 40K mags.

Have to say I thought this was a bit disapppointing and would also have preferred a character model. A Tyranid one would have been nice as they’ve always been marines previously.

Are the infernus marines even that popular? I mean, flamers were probably the least taken special weapon previously so is a whole squad of them actually good?

Have to say I thought this was a bit disapppointing and would also have preferred a character model. A Tyranid one would have been nice as they’ve always been marines previously.

Are the infernus marines even that popular? I mean, flamers were probably the least taken special weapon previously so is a whole squad of them actually good?

Yes, they are quite good, especially in Firestorm where they get +1 S within 12".

I've used a 5-man Infernus squad with a Librarian to pretty decent effect as a mid-board objective holder in the Firestorm detachment. The Libby gives the squad a 5+ invuln and 5 S6 flamers on Overwatch is a pretty decent deterrent against anything short of a vehicle/monster. They will never be all-stars, but usually either get back their points by killing off enough stuff or distracting the enemy enough for more important units to close in. They're a pretty forgotten unit by most SM players though, as they aren't super-deadly or extremely tough, and their special rule isn't useful when you Overwatch.

I've used a 5-man Infernus squad with a Librarian to pretty decent effect as a mid-board objective holder in the Firestorm detachment. The Libby gives the squad a 5+ invuln and 5 S6 flamers on Overwatch is a pretty decent deterrent against anything short of a vehicle/monster. They will never be all-stars, but usually either get back their points by killing off enough stuff or distracting the enemy enough for more important units to close in. They're a pretty forgotten unit by most SM players though, as they aren't super-deadly or extremely tough, and their special rule isn't useful when you Overwatch.

Even better bud, 4+ inv

The magazine exclusive models have always been Issue 5 to date, in both the 40K and AoS magazines. No reason to expect that’ll change with this run.

far from an ideal situation and only works easily if your army is ultramarines but combined with the 3 models from the paint set and the starter model you get a squad of 5 unique sculpts. 

IMG_0199.jpeg

Issue 5 will be coming with a unique Infernus Marine.

a275afe0ff18a72491c3df23d295e57383da.jpg

I'll be trying to get a hold them myself, since the regular squad is 5 marines double up it's nice to have someone unique leading them. I also picked up the 40k introductory magazine which comes with a unique Infernus marine to help cut down on double. 

This guy, the termies and the Von Ryan's Leapers are all I'm really after this time round. Maybe if someone crops up in my local news agents that really catches my eye I'll get that too but nothing particular in mind.

I had forgot why i wanted the infernus marine, thanks for reminding me. That's a pretty cool pose and dead xeno decoration

If people are looking for unique marines don't forget this guy. I feel like the magazine he comes with was never bought up on Warcom, I don't think it was even on the Sunday preview before it became available.

Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000

Even this marine wishes he wasn't an infernus marine as he eschews his main gun in favour of his sidearm. 

Is it possible to sign up for specific fations? or are they going to keep alternating between different factions? I'd love to do just the CSM and WE bits

Is it possible to sign up for specific fations? or are they going to keep alternating between different factions? I'd love to do just the CSM and WE bits

You can’t just order WE only and get those issues automatically.

However, if you order from Newsstand or Forbidden Planet you can order specific issues or subscribe for just a few weeks at a time. It looks like you will only know the issue contents a few in advance though so would have to keep an eye on the website to see what’s coming up.

You can’t just order WE only and get those issues automatically.

However, if you order from Newsstand or Forbidden Planet you can order specific issues or subscribe for just a few weeks at a time. It looks like you will only know the issue contents a few in advance though so would have to keep an eye on the website to see what’s coming up.

Fauxhammer usually know a month or two in advance what the contents are due to their relationship with Hachette. Forbidden Planet also sometimes get advance listings of the magazines.

If you combine all those odd Infernus Marines together - the paint set, the intro magazine, the store one - you get this Infernus Squad with all different models to the standard ones. Looking forward to adding the Combat Patrol one too

Screenshot_20240817-165950.png

Annoyingly, adding the non-standard Infernus marines together gives you the 5 pictured, plus the upcoming Combat Patrol magazine one.

Grand total of a squad of 6.

Which isn’t how 10th works :facepalm:

Maybe we'll see a named character infernus marine? 

There’s always enough room for yet another space marine lieutenant with bespoke equipment and profile ;)