“Mordecai’s Chosen” - Crusade Force

I just kicked off a small 6-game Crusade Campaign for the world of Hotha. It will be my Hivecult led by Primus Mordecai vs the Ynarri. 

The Theme:

Will the Hivecult succeed in taking over the planet, Ascension Day having been sparked early by the Ynarri Involvement? Or will the Ynarri succeed in stalling the cult and driving the imperials off-planet thus diverting the Tyranid threat away from this former maiden world.

Campaign.png

Posted (edited)

This is the Campaign tree. Victories will determine what path the campaign will take. The first 2 battles will be at 1000 points. 3, 4, and 5 will be at 1500 points. And the final battle will an Onslaught mission at 3000.

Edited by Captain Durante

Posted (edited)

We are hoping to wrap this up by end of February.

The Ynnari grabbed a solid victory with mission 1 “Bio-Sample Acquisition” The high speed of the Jetbike heavy force combined with all potential Cult reinforcements failing to comeback until 1 in round 5 saw the battle turn quickly in favor of the Ynarri on turn 3. The Kabalites were surprisingly resilient led by Yvrain, soaking up a lot of damage, ensuring the southern board side and 3rd objective would go to the Ynarri. Though the two surviving GSC units had some heroics in the game, accounting for all 5 of the Ynarri units taken out of action and both gaining decent experience from completing Agendas.

In the end the Ynarri reclaimed 3 objectives vs the GSC 2. And with no GSC reinforcements coming back. The aeldari had better board control ability by the end of round 3. 

Tough break for Mordecai and his chosen but he will return. 

The campaign for Hotha continues. The Hivecult and combined Ynnari forces of Yvraine’s Drukari bodyguard and Craftworld Taiowa met in battle again. This time to recover supplies in anticipation of the escalating conflict. The sky filled with the sounds of shrieking Jetbikes as hordes of cultists flooded into the complex.

IMG_3085.jpeg

First blood went to the GSC as a blade of Acolytes, led by the Locus Yorl Novek, torched a squad of rangers as they were setting up a firing position.

IMG_3084.jpeg

The Ynarri retaliated with strafing fire onto the cultists taking down one of Dr. Moreau’s mutant Test Subjects and many cultists.

IMG_3087.jpeg

At the peek of the battle a small band of acolytes tunneled behind the Ynarri position to assassinate a Taiowa Farseer and claim the supplies he possessed. And on the other end of the battlefield Drukhari Jetbikes unleashed terror tactics amongst the ranks of the cultists ripping them from the ground with trailing hooks before as their Craftworld counterparts closed in to finished the job.

IMG_3091.jpeg

This left one of the supplies originally in possession of the cult unsecured. The cult needed to respond by zealous sacrifice surging forward again to reclaim the supplies and focusing fire on another Farseer leading a squad of windriders claiming another supply cache. The crate crashed to the ground as the last jetbike was blown from the sky.

IMG_3094.jpeg

At the end of the battle Each army had one objective cache secured in their own deployment zones and one each recovered in no mans land. The battle ended in a draw.

With one victory and one draw. The Ynarri clamed victory over Phase 1 of the campaign. The Hivecult, seeing the level of threat the Aeldari have over their goals of planetary Ascension, decide to divert a large portion of their assets to accelerate the insurgency now Including Aeldari strongholds amongst the targets.

Campaign.jpeg

I feel this mission should have been a victory. But I decided to try to get one more kill in before moving my 10-man squad acolytes behind cover with the supply objective. Which exposed them and extra round which was enough to get focused fired within 12 inches this lost me the extra 5 VP I would have gotten if I would have just moved them to my deployment zone instead of for the kill. What can I say. They were filled with bloodlust I guess… But regardless. Running the crusade campaign campaign has be great. Really fleshing out all the characters and adding to the background.

Mission Insurgency: 1500pts GSC vs Ynarri

Victor: GSC 80VP-0VP

Finally stopped the Ynarri momentum.

I played game 3 of the Hotha Campaign last night. I decided to double down on playing the swarm.

Primus

20-man Neopytes ML and GL

10-man Neophytes SC and F

Locus

10-man Acolytes x3 MT and x1 Demo

5-man Acolytes MT

5-man Acolytes Demo

Jackal Alphus

5 Jackals

Abominant

5 Aberrants

Biophagus

5 Aberrants

10-man Kasrkin squad Brood Brothers 

Ynarri

Yvraine

Visarch

10-man Kabalite squad

Wave Serpent

Farseer

Farseer Skyrunner

3 Wind riders

3 Shroud Runners

5 Rangers

Illic Nightspear

5 Rangers

Wraithlord

Spirt Seer

3 Reavers

3 Reavers

Night Spinner

IMG_3132.jpeg

Cult Ambush roles were mostly successful. Yvraine and the guard were brutal. They killed the bike twice and Alphus plus the 10-man Neopytes and a 5-man acolytes. But they all came back except for the bikes on the second roll. But kept swarming them until I could finished them of at the end. The brood brothers did well. Killing a Rangers squad and harassing the should Runners. Being able to use orders specifically Take Aim helped counter the problem with Stealth. And allowed my Aberrant squad time to close in and assault the jet bikes. I pivotal moment thought was when the Eldar Wraithlord and 2 reaver squads arrived from strategic reserves on turn 3 behind my lines. The plan was to make a punch through my infantry and join up with Yvraine. but bad dice on his side and surprising good ones on mine saw the shooting do little and now put those units in range to be charged. They were by both an aberrant squad and the locus with the 10-man Acolytes. They killed off the walker and all the bikes in turn 3 and finished off the spirit seer in my opponent’s subsequent fight phase. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Hotha War is coming close to an end. During the last two battles of the campaign, each faction achieved a victory. The first game was close. Ended up being a difference of 5 VP in favor of the Ynnari. However, the Hivecult, was able to counter this in the next battle by doing an underground assault of the central array. "Mission: Screaming into the Void". With the help of their brood brother breaching crews, the Hivecult was able to clear through a collapsed tunnel section and open up new ingress points near the coms center. The cult was able to gain control of the complex and send out the final Ascension Day signal across the planet and into orbit. System Ships began firing on each other as the crews of some were overrun by cultist already aboard. The single orbital defensive laser array detonated when its reactor was overloaded. Simultaniously, the planets astropathic tower was crumbled on itself as a series of siesmic explosions ripped through its base. This planet would be theirs or they would die trying. The campaign as gone 2 victories to the Aeldari. 2 victories to GSC and 1 draw. The fate of Hotha now lies in one last epic Onslaught battle. We will be playing Myths and Monsters tomorrow. I'll post how it went.

The last match was a blowout. My opponent screened really well meaning I would not be able to send the signal until turn 5. But other than that, the GSC were able to table the Ynnari on turn 5.

GSC forces:

Primus

20 man Neophyte squad

10 man Neophyte squad

Locus

10 man Acolyte squad

5 man Acolyte squad

5 man acolyte squad

Abominant

5 man Aberrant

Biophagus

5 man aberrant

Brood Brothers:

10 man Kasrkin

Hades Breaching Drill

Ynnari forces:

Yvrain

Autarch

10 Kabalites

Farseer

Eldrad Ulthran

5 Wraith Blades

spirtseer

D-Cannon Support weapon

5 warp spiders

3 Shroud Runners

5 Dark Reapers

10 Guardian defenders

10 Dire Avengers

5 man Ranger squad

5 man Ranger squad.

IMG_3185.jpg

Toward the end of the Coms Center Assault. The Breacher Drill "Bucking Benny" and Remains of the Aberrant Test Group cleared the Guardian Defenders who themselves had just cleared the first assault wave of Acolytes. This made room for the 20 man Neophytes to drop on the objective with "Tunnel Crawlers" and send the signal.

• 1 month later...

Ascension Day! Planet Hotha is now under the complete control of the Hivecult. Haven’t posted for a bit but I wanted to give you guys the update on the Tyrannic War Crusade conclusion. 

With a GSC victory during game 5. Victory of the crusade ended up coming down to the last battle. Which was going to be the Onslaught mission. Myths and Monsters. 

To get to the 3000 point mark I had to use the 750 points of Brood Brothers. The other 2250 would for the main GSC units. 

IMG_3209.jpeg

IMG_3211.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

This was my list for the match .

Onslaught (2980 Points)

CHARACTERS

Abominant (85 Points)
    • 1x Power sledgehammer
    • Enhancements: Focus of Adoration

Biophagus (60 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Chemical vials
      1x Injector goad

Clamavus (50 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Close combat weapon

Jackal Alphus (60 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Cult sniper rifle

Kelermorph (55 Points)
    • 1x Close combat weapon
      1x Liberator autostubs

Locus (45 Points)
    • 1x Locus blades

Magus (50 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Magus stave

Nexos (60 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Close combat weapon

Patriarch (85 Points)
    • Warlord
    • 1x Patriarch’s claws

Primus (130 Points)
    • 1x Cult bonesword
      1x Scoped needle pistol
      1x Toxin injector claw
    • Enhancements: Meticulous Planner

Reductus Saboteur (65 Points)
    • 1x Autopistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Demolition charges
      1x Remote explosives

BATTLELINE

Acolyte Hybrids (85 Points)
    • 1x Acolyte Leader
        • 1x Hand flamer
          1x Leader’s cult weapons
    • 4x Acolyte Hybrid
        • 2x Cult claws and knife
          2x Cult claws and knife
          2x Demolition charges
          2x Hand flamer

Acolyte Hybrids (170 Points)
    • 1x Acolyte Leader
        • 1x Hand flamer
          1x Leader’s cult weapons
    • 9x Acolyte Hybrid
        • 1x Cult Icon
          6x Cult claws and knife
          1x Demolition charges
          4x Hand flamer
          3x Heavy mining tool

Acolyte Hybrids (85 Points)
    • 1x Acolyte Leader
        • 1x Hand flamer
          1x Leader’s cult weapons
    • 4x Acolyte Hybrid
        • 1x Cult Icon
          2x Cult claws and knife
          1x Hand flamer
          2x Heavy mining tool

Neophyte Hybrids (180 Points)
    • 1x Neophyte Leader
        • 1x Autopistol
          1x Leader pistol
          1x Power weapon
    • 19x Neophyte Hybrid
        • 19x Autopistol
          19x Close combat weapon
          1x Cult Icon
          3x Grenade launcher
          11x Hybrid firearm
          4x Mining laser
          1x Webber

Neophyte Hybrids (90 Points)
    • 1x Neophyte Leader
        • 1x Autopistol
          1x Leader pistol
          1x Power weapon
    • 9x Neophyte Hybrid
        • 9x Autopistol
          9x Close combat weapon
          1x Cult Icon
          2x Flamer
          1x Heavy stubber
          5x Hybrid firearm
          1x Seismic cannon

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

Goliath Truck (110 Points)
    • 1x Demolition charge cache
      1x Goliath wheels
      1x Heavy stubber
      1x Twin autocannon

OTHER DATASHEETS

Aberrants (185 Points)
    • 1x Aberrant Hypermorph
        • 1x Heavy power weapon
          1x Hypermorph tail
    • 4x Aberrant
        • 4x Heavy power weapon

Aberrants (185 Points)
    • 1x Aberrant Hypermorph
        • 1x Heavy power weapon
          1x Hypermorph tail
    • 4x Aberrant
        • 4x Heavy power weapon

Atalan Jackals (90 Points)
    • 4x Atalan Jackal
        • 4x Atalan power weapon
          3x Atalan small arms
          1x Grenade launcher
    • 1x Atalan Wolfquad
        • 1x Atalan small arms
          1x Close combat weapon
          1x Mining laser

Goliath Rockgrinder (155 Points)
    • 1x Demolition charge cache
      1x Drilldozer blade
      1x Heavy seismic cannon
      1x Heavy stubber

Purestrain Genestealers (150 Points)
    • 10x Purestrain Genestealer
        • 10x Cult claws and talons

ALLIED UNITS

Basilisk (135 Points)
    • 1x Armoured tracks
      1x Earthshaker cannon
      1x Heavy bolter
      1x Hunter-killer missile

Basilisk (135 Points)
    • 1x Armoured tracks
      1x Earthshaker cannon
      1x Heavy bolter
      1x Hunter-killer missile

Kasrkin (100 Points)
    • 1x Kasrkin Sergeant
        • 1x Hot-shot laspistol
          1x Power weapon
    • 9x Kasrkin
        • 9x Close combat weapon
          1x Flamer
          1x Grenade launcher
          4x Hot-shot lasgun
          1x Hot-shot marksman rifle
          2x Meltagun
          1x Vox-caster

Rogal Dorn Battle Tank (260 Points)
    • 1x Armoured tracks
      1x Co-axial autocannon
      1x Heavy stubber
      2x Meltagun
      2x Multi-melta
      1x Oppressor cannon
      1x Pulveriser cannon

Scout Sentinels (120 Points)
    • 2x Scout Sentinel
        • 1x Autocannon
          2x Close combat weapon
          2x Hunter-killer missile
          1x Militarum multi-laser
          2x Sentinel chainsaw

The GSC did well. The Brood Brother Basalisks just kept firing while the horde of neopytes and Acolytes kept popping up to Kill the infantry and bike units. Eventually, my opponent opened up a small hole in the middle of his army big enough for the 20 man squad to squeeze in. This allowed me to kill his heroic unit and Fire Prism. That also gave me the 15 bonus VP for the mission after that he couldn’t catch up. So the GSC ended up winning both games of the final phase to win the campaign. 

Now a brood of the Hivecult has broken off to infiltrate a Mechanicum mining fleet heading toward the Pariah Nexus. My gaming group had just started the next crusade campaign

• 1 month later...

Finished work on my conversion for a 2nd Primus. 

Some Background for him in the Crusade force:

A third generation Hybrid. He was born to lead. The gesalt consciousness of the cult gifted him with a superior intellect. However, when Cadia fell the whole region became assaulted by legions of chaos. He was one of countless refugees who found their way to the Agripinaa system. Agripinaa, a forgeworld, is one the few remaining strongholds of the Imperium near the Eye of Terror. 
Though a hybrid, once he removed his third arm, Rhy-Zhu could easily pass for human. The Adeptus Mechanicus on Agripinaa accepted him into their ranks. His intellect stood him apart from the rest of the refugees who were funneled toward the growing ranks of Skitarii. Instead, he was inducted into the priesthood where he eventually rose to the rank of Artisan. Taught the ways of the machine cult. He understands and honors the machine god for his blessings in aiding the cult but his supreme loyalty is to the Hivecult and the Star Gods. Events in the Pariah Nexus, ended up with the mustering of additional Aegis and Accretion fleets from Agripinaa. Through his and his brothers efforts, a sizable portion of the fleet is under the influence of the Hivecult. But a tipping point has been reached. The cult may no longer be able to remain in The shadows.

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg

IMG_3820.jpeg