Christmas boxes back in Stock (UK)

Happy I got my world eaters box in time for christmas but definitly a good gesture from GW, hopefully it is a decent stock replenishment and not just the odd box sent back from quieter stores being added to the website.

1 hour ago, zarkkarn said:

Happy I got my world eaters box in time for christmas but definitly a good gesture from GW, hopefully it is a decent stock replenishment and not just the odd box sent back from quieter stores being added to the website.

Pretty sure that it’s scalpers and maybe shops sending it back and not another production run…

On 1/6/2024 at 11:56 PM, excelite said:

Pretty sure that it’s scalpers and maybe shops sending it back and not another production run…

Agree; given which sets it is, it's almost certainly the unsold ones from GW retail.

General FYI, the Cadian, Ork and Space Marine ones are also in stock at Element Games* - they are at full price, but if you've got any store credit or Element crystals or just want to give your favourite influencer a boost through their affiliate link that might be a preferable choice to you.

*So are the Seraphon, Soulblight and Bonereaper ones for AoS if that's more your thing

11 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Agree; given which sets it is, it's almost certainly the unsold ones from GW retail.

General FYI, the Cadian, Ork and Space Marine ones are also in stock at Element Games* - they are at full price, but if you've got any store credit or Element crystals or just want to give your favourite influencer a boost through their affiliate link that might be a preferable choice to you.

*So are the Seraphon, Soulblight and Bonereaper ones for AoS if that's more your thing

The World Eaters one was available for quite a while yesterday and that seemed to be the most popular one? In fact it was only the Tyranid one that didn’t seem to come back at all, all the rest were up for most of yesterday. 

Does anyone buy these things? It seems like there's always one thing you don't want in em that completely nullfies any savings you'd actually get. I don't get the hype especially with combat patrols. Like everyones talking about them like oh new combat patrols but does anyone play combat patrol? Do you really want all the units in it or are you just going oh this is a deal Or you actually enjoy playing 40k with 3 units. I don't get it.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

3 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Does anyone buy these things? It seems like there's always one thing you don't want in em that completely nullfies any savings you'd actually get.

Funds permitting I would have got the nid one and would have liked the guard one too.

Funds were not permitting though, nor was stock so I was saved from myself.

1 hour ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Does anyone buy these things? It seems like there's always one thing you don't want in em that completely nullfies any savings you'd actually get. I don't get the hype especially with combat patrols. Like everyones talking about them like oh new combat patrols but does anyone play combat patrol? Do you really want all the units in it or are you just going oh this is a deal Or you actually enjoy playing 40k with 3 units. I don't get it.

Sure, not this year as my army did not get one (Mech) but have in the past.

The way you should figure is like this, items 1-6 would normally be 100$, GW gives me 22%! Nice! I then add an extra 20-30% off! Even better! I then sell the things i dont want (say 25% of the box) at whatever % retail of retail I can. So I got what I wanted at a solid % of discount more then the norm (GWs original 22%) AND what ever i make selling the rest. 

I have ended up with paying 50% for what i ended up keeping with many GW sets.  I remember when they did this custodes box that had a land raider, and all i wanted was the raider, so i sold off all the rest and ended up with the raider for free and 2-3 pounds in pocket. 

Edited by Nagashsnee

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

It varies a lot. I have bought some boxes in the past (although not this year). I bought the Knight Lance a few years ago and the Space Wolves box the year before that. If you want most/all the models then it can be a significant saving. If not then you are probably better cherry-picking the models you want from your local retailer of choice. Given that GW don't discount a great deal, these boxes usually generate interest, particularly because of their splash-release nature.

The World Eaters one comes with things you would really want, notably another squad of Berserkers, two squads of Eightbound and Angron. That's worth picking up if you haven't bought Angron, as all the kits in there are desirable. I already have Angron, so that's why I didn't get it. If you hadn't started World Eaters, that box combined with the Combat Patrol would be a real solid intro.

The other ones with the Daemon primarch in it, which were Death Guard and Thousand Sons last year were similarly great if you hadn't started the force. All three boxes over the past two years have been strong sellers, as they were just good really.

I ran a combat patrol day at our local club. Well attended and lots of games fit in in one day. If I were running a school club for Warhammer I'd also be doing the same. It's quick and easy and still feels like 40k proper without missing out. For our club it was a way to give tenth Ed a run out and I've played more games of combat patrol in tenth than "traditional" style games.

I grabbed the Seraphon Battleforce this year as I wanted 4/5 of it and including discount meant I saved about 50% on the stuff I wanted. 

Asking if anyone buys battleforces when they normally sell out quite quickly is an odd question to ask? They're good for Christmas presents for younger folk and due to the discount in them over the years it's enabled me to start armies that I ordinarily wouldn't do. 

Just because you "don't get it" doesn't mean that it doesn't sell or that others don't play it.