ANGRY GRAV: 3000 point Iron Hands

This is a slightly silly list where I deploy an angry post-Istvaan warband of Iron Hands who are attempting to slowly obliterate themselves for their failure, and as many of their hated traitor brethren as possible in the process.

The idea is that this is just a fluffy list: they are mostly Bitter Duty types, who incorporate as much weird Ferrus Manus technology as possible. There is one anomaly, being a squad of ten Raven Guard recon marines who have thrown their lot in with this insane crew.

I envision this list as being quite tough but also fun to play against, hopefully, with lots of units who want to get up close and shoot, and so I've minimised "optimal" units. Appreciate any feedback!

Rite of War: Company of Bitter Iron [2995 points]

HQ:

Iron-Father in Gorgon Terminator Armour [220]

• Combi-bolter
  • Power axe
  • Cyber-familiar
  • Grenade harness

Moritat [145]

• 2 x grav pistols
  • Jump pack

Praevian [120]

• Power axe
  • Nemesis bolter
  • 2 x Castellax with darkfire cannon and shock chargers [220]

Troops:

10 Medusan Immortals [260]

• 7 x bolters
  • 2 x grav shredders
  • Sergeant with power fist, bolter

10 Medusan Immortals [240]

• 9 x volkite chargers
  • Sergeant with power fist, volkite charger

10 Recon Marines [255]

• 10 Nemesis bolters
  • Augury scanner

Elites:

10 Assault Destroyers [235]

• 8 x normal
  • 1 x missile launcher
  • Sergeant with power axe

Contemptor Dreadnought [205]

• 2 x power fists
  • 2 x grav guns

6 Gorgon Terminators [275]

• 3 x combi-bolter and power axe
  • 2 x graviton shredder and power axe
  • Sergeant with thunder hammer and combi-bolter

DT: Land Raider Proteus [285]

• 3 x lascannon
  • Armatus Necrotechnika

3 Rapier Carriers [180]

• 3 x graviton cannon

Heavy Support:

5 Heavy Support Marines [125]

• 5 x volkite culverins

Deredeo Dreadnought [225]

• hellfire plasma carronade
  • Aiolos missile launcher

Game plan:

Backfield is HSS, Deredeo, Praevian and Castellax, and Rapiers

Midfield is the Immortals (objective and choom) - probably joined by the Iron Father, and the Recons

Frontline is the Destroyers and the Gorgons in the Proteus

Upon closer inspection, I might either:

a) Drop a Gorgon with grav shredder and let the Iron Father ride with them in the Proteus, or

b) Drop the Iron Father and replace him with another Moritat with boarding shield.

Love that list, like you say, its very fluffy and shows everything that makes Iron Hands who they are. 

Dropping one gorgon and putting the Iron Father into the proteus sounds like a great idea, you could upgrade him to have a Paragon Blade or Thunder Hammer too, with the remaining points, a power axe is nice, but it could be better. 

Id also drop some recons and (maybe 3 or so) and one of the rapiers, they are both rather expensive and they do what they do, if in max squad size or not. 

Id maybe leave the Armatus Necrotechnika too, yes, its very cool and very fluffy, but damn, its very expensive and most of the time the damn thing will explode anyway.

From the points you make from that you could invest in some more guys in your HSS, a bit of anti-infantry firepower could help you out big time, since most of your list is more anti-armor, obviously.

Anyway, that would be my suggestions at first glance, but youd definitely be fine enough anyway, i think that list would work well enough and is super cool! 

I agree with HeinzD, really fun looking list that is very Iron Hands formed and strong.

I would also consider dropping the Armatus Necrotechnika, I used it once or twice and its very meh. 50 pts is a lot to put somewhere else.

The Grav rapiers will make a lot of dangerous terrain which is nice, I say try all 3, then drop 1 and just try 2 see if you notice the difference. 

Your Iron Father did you actually give him the Iron Father upgrade? If I configure a tartaros terminator with the iron father upgrade and just give him an Axe, hes only 180pts. He comes with the servo harness, flamer, melta, cyber familiar, and a maschinator array. Even if you went with a catiphractii he's barely any more pts. The Iron Father upgrade comes with a Cyber Familiar so you don't need to give him another/can't.  I would defiantly consider a paragon blade or TH, TH is my personal favorite. 

Sweet list though! I'm planning something similar with immortals and destroyers as the base of my list. Immortals in LR's, destroyers with jump packs, maybe gorgons in a spartan haha See how many points it gets to!