Legion Malcadors - how are they?

As we have seen he new plastic malcador for Auxilia, it makes sense that the legions could pilfer it. It's an ok tank, but I'm not sold on the rivets so will likely not get one.

Looking at the legion rules also, they just seem...bad? Am I missing something? They cost more than a land raider, but can shoot at less due to weird gun positions and there's no transport capacity? They have a decent move, but if they use it they cannot fire everything. 

I'd thought about one as they're fast and a fast tank seems something that the alpha legion might be interested in, however in-game it isn't really that fast at all - I think dumping a load of terms somewhere awkward is more Alpha Legion....

6 hours ago, Xenith said:

I'd thought about one as they're fast and a fast tank seems something that the alpha legion might be interested in, however in-game it isn't really that fast at all - I think dumping a load of terms somewhere awkward is more Alpha Legion....

14" M is really fast for Heavy Support 13-13-12/5 quite well armed tank,for 245 pts in my opinion. Not awesome not terrible.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:28 AM, No Foes Remain said:

Think of them as a slightly cheaper Kratos, with the Vanquisher cannon that's pretty much what they are.

Or you can just get Land Raider, cheaper, better armor, more firepower, better BS, has transport capacity...tbh don't really see what's design choice behind SA tanks in a way that they are inferior compared to Astartes, yet more expensive. Before with battlecanon being AP3 pie plate they kinda had a point, now with blast being AP4 is terrible enough(though, 2+ sargents can always tank plenty of shots)

On 1/22/2024 at 11:10 AM, Fallen11 said:

Or you can just get Land Raider

That's what I mean,  the Legion Proteus Carrier just seems better in every way, and is cheaper to boot, and is already 'upgraded' with lascannons.  I was wondering what I was missing with the Malcador. It feels like it should be in the 160 - 180pts region. 

Edited by Xenith

3 hours ago, Xenith said:

That's what I mean,  the Legion Proteus Carrier just seems better in every way, and is cheaper to boot, and is already 'upgraded' with lascannons.  I was wondering what I was missing with the Malcador. It feels like it should be in the 160 - 180pts region. 

It's in the Legacies document, which they obviously don't want us to use because we pay a stupid tax for it like everything in there if we want to take something from it..

46 minutes ago, No Foes Remain said:

It's in the Legacies document, which they obviously don't want us to use because we pay a stupid tax for it like everything in there if we want to take something from it..

Except boxnauts! Even the developers love boxnauts!

Edited by LameBeard

On 1/29/2024 at 12:30 PM, No Foes Remain said:

Ignoring the multi melta being worse and more expensive than the gravis melta, that's pretty much the only good one.

At Initiative 2 I'm pretty sure most are taking Mortis with Lascannons anyway. I know I am. Leave the multimelta to the contemptor that won't get swamped before it can start punching.