Resin prints looking awful on support side

I've been having difficulties recently with getting my 3D prints to not look terrible on the side facing the support raft/build plate. The screen-facing side looks great...

DreadGoodSide.jpg.533b471fc7de60a773295f6b57a4dd4e.jpg

But the other side is borderline unusably bad!

DreadCrapSide.jpg.7855324fdb0f0b57be7543bdd9eb48cf.jpg

What's doing this, and how do I fix it? I'm using Ekegoo ABS-like 2.0 in a Mars 3 Pro, with an exposure time of 2.95 seconds per layer and layer thickness of 30 micrometres.

Are you using a wash station to clean the prints? If yes, clean with the supports on, then boil some water and submerge the prints, no too long 30srcs should do it. The supports should pull off will little to minimal scarring, then cure.

A small amount of fine sanding may still be needed for any slight bumps.

Additionally in your slicer software you can reduce the contact diameter and depth of the supports, this will reduce scarring, and make support removal easier, but it will also make it easier for the print to fail and pull off the supports during printing.

I'm using a cheapish ultrasonic cleaner to clean the prints rather than a dedicated wash station. However I will try that.

My main issue is how the details of the parts themselves seem to be visibly softer and mushier on the support side. The panel line on the legs, for instance; on the screen side it's nice and crisp, on the support side it's barely visible.

Smaller supports definitely helps, I found also Anti aliasing in lychee for detail sharpness helps but things like feet still end up mushy. It has to do with the density of the supports placed too I think it's trapped resin getting cured I don't know if lowering the exposure or increasing it will help I haven't tried. If I do figure it out I'll be sure to share the info. That does look alot like what went on with my earlier prints when I used chitubox auto supports with no tweaking whatsoever.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

OK, so major props to Grotsmasha for the cleaning process suggestion; cleaning on the supports, dunking in boiling water and then cleaning again after desupporting massively improved the results! Unfortunately I completely botched the support process on one of the parts (the main torso) and the damn thing ended up with a weirdly wonky "sag" to the shape of the entire piece. I'm having another go at printing the piece, this time hollowed and with a lot of time spent on the supports,

Oh boy.

Nearly got a perfect print...save for a heavy support going through the body, in a spot I didn't even place a support.

I think this file might be cursed.