DA rules disappointment and future Supplements

2 hours ago, Helias_Tancred said:

That comment was made in jest ;)

I would never make a BT Librarian either. Utter heresy!

I've got one! I found him on eBay, I think he might predate the ban! He's a converted Ezekiel, with a goblin green base.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 4:20 PM, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I've got one! I found him on eBay, I think he might predate the ban! He's a converted Ezekiel, with a goblin green base.

I had a BT librarian back in the day.  But i started playing BT way back when we were only a paint scheme and a single special character, The Emperor's Champion, who was in the 3rd edition Space Marine Codex.  The first i heard that BT didnt have librarians was when they released Codex Armageddon.

(Tho I freely admit that there may have been lore prohibition of librarians in a white dwarf or something that I was entirely unaware of prior to the big 3rd war for Armageddon campaign)

Whirlwinds weren't banned until 4th. But famously one of the Crusade orders of battle on the inside cover has a Whirlwind. 

I too had just purchased a devastator squad, so not being allowed to use those chaps was quite the irritance.

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard

On 2/13/2024 at 5:19 PM, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Whirlwinds weren't banned until 4th. But famously one of the Crusade orders of battle on the inside cover has a Whirlwind. 

I took had just purchased a devastator squad, so not being allowed to use those chaps was quite the irritance.

I am sure that we werent allowed to field whirlwinds in 3rd edition. Codex Armageddon

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, Karhedron said:

GW certainly seems determined to avoid codex creep in 10th edition. All the codices so far have been either slight-nerfs or sidegrades.

Just read leaked Tau rules. Another typical example of "keep similar overall rules power level to index, and nuke the most powerful unit in index".

9th codex power creep is toxic. And it hurt the sales of earlier codexs, which always include loyalist marine(cash cow). So I guess GW went another way.

• 5 weeks later...

Orks and Custodes get codex released at same day. The evaluation to Orks codex is very positive, and Custodes very negative.

Both are "small release"(we will also be in this category) which have 1 new model (Orks received a special version Warboss last month, which also a "skin") to existed unit.