Dark angels rules are out ...

I think that the rules are fluffy but not very effective. Even allowing Sagas to trigger at the end of every turn rather than every battle round does not help much in the that many of them are hard to pull off without putting yourself in very precarious positions.

This is the fundamental problem with Sagas. Most Detachment Bonuses can be leveraged to help you complete your mission Objectives (whatever they may be). Sagas require you to ignore the mission Objectives to try and activate your Detachment Bonuses.

Edited by Karhedron

Karhedron, you are good with giving your opponent a free man or more per squad to reflect the slowly dwindling packs of the Wolves?  Or do you just ignore that and play them as all min/max squads regardless?

Additionally, the use of the new squads with no Wolves flavor is also pretty crappy, but I don’t think GW is going to show much spark of creativity there with making a Primaris Blood Claw pack, etc.  Guess we’ll see.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

19 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Karhedron, you are good with giving your opponent a free man or more per squad to reflect the slowly dwindling packs of the Wolves?  Or do you just ignore that and play them as all min/max squads regardless?

I quite liked the old varying squad sizes but GW seems to have ditched that from 10th entirely so I have to play with what we are given. I don't get to play regularly enough to get into a narrative campaign so I normally use Matched Play rules. It is the only way to ensure players are on the same page for pick-up games.

19 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Additionally, the use of the new squads with no Wolves flavor is also pretty crappy, but I don’t think GW is going to show much spark of creativity there with making a Primaris Blood Claw pack, etc.  Guess we’ll see.

I do my best to wolf up my Primaris units but the only official Primaris squad we have so far are the Hounds of Morkai and I find them underwhelming and a bit too niche. Still, I ave a well stocked bitz box to dip into until GW give us proper Primaris Wolves.

gallery_82363_15236_99713.jpg

Our faction has been in the doldrums for awhile. I haven’t really been hobbying with my wolves much either. I am hopeful that when we do get attention it will be worth the wait. Our first born range is so fleshed out GW might think we have too much to replace and/or SW players hate primaris. The later would be incorrect.

I may be in the minority here but I don’t mind using the space marine detachments. Our great companies all operate differently and it’s reflected in the different space marine detachments. 

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I quite liked the old varying squad sizes but GW seems to have ditched that from 10th entirely so I have to play with what we are given. I don't get to play regularly enough to get into a narrative campaign so I normally use Matched Play rules. It is the only way to ensure players are on the same page for pick-up games.

That’s where we differ then - I’m not worried in the slightest about pick-up games that weren’t arranged and agreed to before hand, and GW doesn’t deserve my money for crappy rules and their inability to follow their own narrative with said rules.  If they make some rules changes with the Codex supplement, maybe they get me back, but if the Space Wolves rules follow the trend of the DA rules, GW won’t be getting any of my dosh for 10th Edition rules.  If GW doubles down on their BS and also retcons the now 30 years this year of lore than I’ve played just to fit their “tournament players first because wah wah muh balanss” rules, then they guarantee that they aren’t getting my money unless the models are absolutely awesome.

I’ve got a 30 year old bits box and plenty of models to convert and paint with no need to give GW any more if they continue their trend of not earning it.

Edited by Bryan Blaire