Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Ed venomthropes

++Venomthropes++
nids background.PNG

our stinky whippy cover screens. how have they fared in 10th? have the helped or hinderd? let us know.

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

sorry for the few weeks away but back at it. venomthropes. personally i own one.... and i prefer their physic brethren.  but given the recent upsurge in our smaller models being more useful in competitive and harder for armys to deal with in scoring are these now more useful? is blanketing our cover for troops better than a few warp blasts and a 6++ whilst its not a play style i want to play if having to play for scoring is our way to win over actively killing then surely these being more helpful to keeping our minions alive will benefit more than those potshots(again i love my zoans but theyve failed to do much for me this edition...)

Wow, this is great. I was just coming in to ask this very question. I've not played my Nids since 7th.

I have 6 Zoans already, and am building 3 Venoms. I've got 80 to 100 Termigants and many Hormigaunts. Is there any success using our stinky boys to help the swarm?

Love to here from the hive mind.

ŎAs iv said dont have em but for 70 points the benifits of cover ftom a good sized footprint plus the -1to be hit to anything not a monster.

Defensive profile  of t5 3w 4+sv and its own benifits isnt bad for 70 points isnt a bad spend. Stick it right place in your swarm and several units will benifit. 

I've been using them quite often and think they're great - it's a free +1 save for MONSTERS nearby, effectively armour of contempt, and stealth is just amazing, if you can get enough units in range. Gaunts going from 3+ to hit, 5+ save to 4+ to hit, 4+ save is a biiig boost to their durability. Personally I dont think these are either/or with zoanthropes - take the zoans first and then these. You need the shooting, and the venoms will also make the zoans -1 to hit.

On top of that, they're tough, get stealth and cover themselves so are at -1BS, 3+Sv in the open, and take some putting down. Offensively not great, but anti infantry 2+ does some work if you get them into the right target, or you have guard/gaunts trying to swarm you off an objective.