Forge Fiends: The Beasts of Daedalus

Just finished my Forge Fiends to join my Mauler Fiends.

These guys are murder!

I know it's a fluke, but the x3 Ectoplasm fiend was able to throw out over 20 wounds on an 11 Ork squad.  Rolled a total of 6 shots, plus another 6 for blast, 12 shots. He was boosted by my Warpsmith, plus the strat letting him reroll 1's for hit and wound. Dark pact for Lethal hits, plus Sustained because of nearby Helbrute, all on 5+ as he is Tzeentch. Tossed in Dev wounds as well.

After all rerolls to hit, I had rolled 10 5's and 6's, so 10 sustained and lethal hits. Rolling the wounds netted all wounds and 3 dev wounds.

Truly scary.

20240110_073207.jpg

And this is why it's likely getting nerfed...

But yeah, triple ectoplasma Forgefiends, even without support, throw out so many shots that they'll put a dent (or more) in almost anything.  Just using Dark Pacts I had one wipe out 20 Necron Warriors and a Chronomancer thanks to pre-errata Devastating Wounds.  Once you have support pieces and stratagems in play, it gets wild pretty quickly.

And those are some great looking murder machines.

• 3 weeks later...

I was the ork on the receiving end. It was spectacular... felt powerful but not over-the-top. I'm okay with powerful units, but I don't play competitively so don't have to worry about facing a full rack of them. Great looking models on the table, too.