Replenishment of Forge World products for Horus Heresy

I am soon going to tackle my HH pile of shame. To start the project I need to buy the specific heads for the Iron Hands but they have been out of stock for quite some time. Out of experience how long does this usually take? A month? Half a year? I am wondering to purchase Death Guard heads in the meantime and split the AoD box for two Legions instead of using it for only my Iron Hands.

This reply will be pretty unhelpful but in my experience it is wildly variable how quickly some stuff comes back in to stock. In some instances I’ve only had to wait a week whereas in other cases it’s literally been months of waiting. In some extreme cases I’ve seen stuff go out of stock then just never come back as it gets removed from the range. Their own terminology isn’t particularly helpful either as they use phrases like “temporarily out of stock.” and “no longer available online” completely interchangeably so you can’t even get a vague idea from the labels.

Sorry it’s not more helpful other than to say you could still be waiting a while. If there’s parts of the projects you can do without the FW bits then I’d get cracking on them and hope the stuff is back in stock when you’ve finished them.

I will wait until February comes around. Painting other stuff is always an option however I want to paint at least a single core infantry choice to have a legal infantry army (the other choice consists of already painted 40K marines utilized for 30K). Or I paint all the dreadnoughts at one go (3 Contemptors & 2 Leviathans). This is a legal Ancients list, if I am not mistaken. Or all tanks to have a legal tank army although the dreadnoughts would take less effort building and painting.

Your best bet is to make a warhammer account and select the email me option for availability. Apparently, this is a hidden priority customer order system where you will get your order before the person who randomly orders the same item that just came back into stock. 

It's actually somewhat ridiculous just how much of the FW Heresy range is out of stock and certain models have been out of stock for several months. I mean, do they want our money or not?

They really seem to have made a pig's ear of their business since they changed their stock system/warehouse and launched the new website.