New to Crusade Campaign rules, I have a question ...

Go to solution Solved by Focslain,

• Solution
10 hours ago, Helias_Tancred said:

Hey all ... subject says it all, in regards to the new Crusade Campaign book (Nexus?) that is out for 10th you can use it's contents and rules for ANY armies  doing a Crusade styled campaign right?

Thanks.

Correct, the only crusade options that are army specific are those in their codexes, the campaign books are for all armies.

So GoonHammer did a review for both the Leviathan and Pariah Nexus. As for with one is best is up to you. The Pariah Nexus seems to have more options, but that is not surprising as it is the second crusade outing. Which is best for your group is up to you. 

Only real down side between the two books is the lack of the core game rules (both include the basic crusade rules), which Leviathan includes, but as noted in the nexus review, the 40kapp has the core rules in it now so it's not much of a lose. 

I see the exclusion of core rules that are free online as an advantage, not a problem.

Paying extra money for 60 pages of stuff I already have two copies of seems seems beyond stupid to me- it always did.

Perhaps the reason Tyrannic war had fewer options because they reprinted and made us pay again for something we already had. By excluding it, they have room to give us things that we haven't already paid for (despite them also being free).

13 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I see the exclusion of core rules that are free online as an advantage, not a problem.

Paying extra money for 60 pages of stuff I already have two copies of seems seems beyond stupid to me- it always did.

Perhaps the reason Tyrannic war had fewer options because they reprinted and made us pay again for something we already had. By excluding it, they have room to give us things that we haven't already paid for (despite them also being free).

The core crusade rules are included in pariah nexus though, unless you mean the core gaming rules?

Yep, that's what I meant. 

I can deal with the Crusade rules being reprinted- they don't add a whole lot of pages compared to the core rules; they also aren't available for free online.

Some folks may not want to Crusade in every campaign setting- I can see a new Necron player for example choosing to get Pariah but skip Tyrannic War.

2 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I can deal with the Crusade rules being reprinted- they don't add a whole lot of pages compared to the core rules; they also aren't available for free online.

Some folks may not want to Crusade in every campaign setting- I can see a new Necron player for example choosing to get Pariah but skip Tyrannic War.

Not to mention that having all the crusade rules in each campaign book makes it easier to tote around as you only need it and your codex instead of having to add another tome to the pile.

4 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Ah I get you, and I agree with your second point as well. I just hope GW keep varying the focus that these campaigns have, let each faction share the light