Meganobz box set building question: Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field

iplay40k.com
Go to solution Solved by Grotsmasha,

So looking at the description from Warhammer.com (below), it seems like one model can be equipped with the Kustom Force Field. Does anyone know if there's enough bits in the kit to also build a Big Mek in Mega Armour - or do I have to choose one or the other? 

One Meganob can be assembled as a Big Mek in mega armour armed with a kustom mega-blasta and power klaw (which also functions as Mek’s tool for battlefield repairs). You have the option to equip your Big Mek with a back mounted kustom forcefield or a tellyport blasta.  

It seems pretty decisive - 'you have the option to equip your Big Mek blah blah' but just wanted to double-check!

• Solution

The Tellyport Blasta and Kustom Forcefield are seperate pieces that attach onto the top of the models shoulders. The Mek's Power Klaw is also a unique bit, it's the power-grabba looking bit.

I don't know the Ork Codex too well, but assuming only Meks can have the Tellyport Blasta or Kustom Forcefield, any model with either those pieces on their backs would be easily identifiable as Meks, and there should be no issue with gaming with them.

If you were to give the third model the Mek's Tool/Power Klaw, you could potentially get three Meks from the kit, the third model with the Klaw may require additional bits to sell it as a Mek, but due to how Orks are, I don't forsee any issues.

20 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

The Tellyport Blasta and Kustom Forcefield are separate pieces that attach onto the top of the models shoulders. The Mek's Power Klaw is also a unique bit, it's the power-grabba looking bit.

I don't know the Ork Codex too well, but assuming only Meks can have the Tellyport Blasta or Kustom Forcefield, any model with either those pieces on their backs would be easily identifiable as Meks, and there should be no issue with gaming with them.

If you were to give the third model the Mek's Tool/Power Klaw, you could potentially get three Meks from the kit, the third model with the Klaw may require additional bits to sell it as a Mek, but due to how Orks are, I don't forsee any issues.

This is exactly the answer I was hoping for, thank you! Gonna wait and see what drops with the new Ork Codex but I've got this on my list of things to do for sure :)