BA Supplement Speculation

I don’t know if anyone saw Valraks video last week about BA. 

the rumours are stirring about BA and seem to be reinforcing what I suspected 

On 1/29/2024 at 5:06 PM, Alternis said:

The feeling I’m getting is pretty overall about the new BA codex, so I’ll break this down into subjects. 

The Codex Supplement
So following Dark Angels trend we should be getting 2 new detachments as well as the index detachment, naturally I figure the index detachment will probably get some sort of adjustment or nerf :furious:

But I suspect the detachments we might see is 

• A death company themed detachment

• A golden host themed detachment 

• A generalist detachment that will be be loosely themed around jump

infantry in melee 

Characters/Units to cross the rubicon

So straight off the bat I have this nagging suspicion Lemartes may get redone, the only characters I can see following into 10th is Sanguinor, Lemartes, Astaroth and Corbulo, as well as naturally Dante & Mephiston.

i think out of all of those Astaroth and Corbulo are low priority, but Lemartes should be hopefully getting a glow up to go into a Death company themed detachment, and if we very lucky, Sanguinor, I’ve heard a number of rumours now about Sanguinor may potentially get a new model from different places/sites and YouTubers. 
When Astaroth does eventually get his glow up I also suspect it might be with his personal entourage of Erelim (think Sanguinary Guard but in black armour) could be a future addition to the Death company range in future? Maybe? 

As for the units, Sanguinary Priest and Sanguinary Guard are right up there with high priority on what’s getting redone from a number of different rumour sources and channels so I’ll be genuinely very shocked if they don’t re-do these two 

so to top that off what I think will be redone this edition. 

• Sanguinor

• Sanguinary Guard

• Sanguinary Priest

• Lemartes

Upgrade Kits options

Ok so I didn’t cover it in the above section but that’s because it makes more sense to put it here, if we follow GW’s trend with the Deathwing terminators, it falls to reason that death company will now just be upgrade kit options ontop of their associated Intercessor options 

eg

Terminator Squad > DA upgrade sprue > Deathwing Terminators

following this logic 

Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs > DC upgrade sprue > Death Company Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs

When you look at the current DC Intercessors they are essentially just standard intercessors with a DC upgrade kit, so it should follow the same process then they will

phase out the first born DC units. 

So that’s my run down of what I THINK we will see with the BA Supplement.

Quoting my own post because I touched on many of the rumours that Valrak believes is legit (but as he says rumours are rumours) 

But yes it looks like it may end up being a big Death company focus, with Sang guard and Sanguinor 

but 0% mention of Sang priest, which concerns me a lot

On 1/26/2024 at 8:57 AM, DemonGSides said:

Let tycho die already. Poor guy has been stuck in two worlds for fifteen years. 

lmao ... after looking at GW's latest decision trends I'm predicting they are going to have him cross the rubicon primaris and provide 0 retcon or reasoning! Just a shiny new primaris Tycho to make the cash registers go ca-ching and let the interns that run the  Rules Design Department give him bright new shiny rules!  ;) lolololololol ......

Edited by Helias_Tancred

On 2/19/2024 at 4:09 AM, Blindhamster said:

thing is.

The Sons of Sanguinius detachment suits flesh tearers really well as its just 100% about hitting harder.

This is the thing, we already have a "hit harder in melee" detachment, which is realistically what a "flesh tearer" or "death company" detachment would be about.

It's entirely possible we DON'T get 3 new detachments, we might get just 2, or even just the 1.

If we get any more, one is almost certainly going to deal with jump infantry and making them work better in some way. Outside of that is anyones guess.

Think you are on point here. Absolutely need an advance and charge rule in a jump detachment. I'd love that and sustained hits 1 on melee and don't think it would be broken. Blood frenzy detachment?

Just chiming in here to throw a prediction into the ring regarding the Upgrade Sprue.

Primaris Scale "Wing-Shaped" Jump Packs, like the one on the Firstborn Jump Chaplain.

Just something to spice up any generic Jump Captains in your army with a more BA inspired look, so probably only 1 or 2 on the sprue.

8 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Just chiming in here to throw a prediction into the ring regarding the Upgrade Sprue.

Primaris Scale "Wing-Shaped" Jump Packs, like the one on the Firstborn Jump Chaplain.

Just something to spice up any generic Jump Captains in your army with a more BA inspired look, so probably only 1 or 2 on the sprue.

That would be cool, I'd be amazed if there's more than one considering the Dark Angels only got one bike feather pole though.

If firstborn DC gets squatted with the supplement, we will loose one cornerstone unit of the Blood Angels. I would bet money, that after the dust has cleared, we are left with the three Primaris unit DC equivalents for Intercessors, Assault Intercessors and jump assault intercessors. Of course only with the same options like their counterparts. Maybe we'll get something via the upgrade sprue, but surely not five powerfists, inferno pistols and so on. My question is, will those squads be useful of any kind? I don't see anyone talk about the Primaris DC units we already have. Do you think that an inbuilt reroll, 6+++, +1 attack and swapped special rule justifies to take them? I don't see myself taking ten DC jump Intercessors with 2 fists and and Lemartes right now to be honest. 

I like the DC Intercessors free overwatch ability, except that they don't shoot anything worthwhile so it's pretty meh.

It also doesn't make a ton of sense in fluff or anything either. So I'm hoping they get fully revamped. 

I mean, in older editions you mostly got chainsword/bolt pistol guys. But then, they also had a 5+ FNP and Rending, back when those things were super rare. 

I don't see the primaris DC units being used all that much unless they get some work put in to adjusting them, even without having to compete with their firstborn counterparts.

Regular chainsword attacks just don't cut it vs a lot of the game anymore. You absolutely could put enough special rules on them to make them punch hard enough, but I doubt GW is going too.

We will definitely lose the pistol spam though. 

I see DC having intercessor loadouts (of all 3 types), or a new loadout akin to wulfen, or eightbound, or something like that. 

I think the former is more likely, but the second could be cool!

Edited by Paladin777

On 3/10/2024 at 7:29 PM, DemonGSides said:

I like the DC Intercessors free overwatch ability, except that they don't shoot anything worthwhile so it's pretty meh.

It also doesn't make a ton of sense in fluff or anything either. So I'm hoping they get fully revamped. 

Replace Overwatch with a free heroic intervention as if they were a character unit, and voila.

That’s a good meal cooking 

On 3/11/2024 at 6:13 AM, Rhavien said:

If firstborn DC gets squatted with the supplement, we will loose one cornerstone unit of the Blood Angels. I would bet money, that after the dust has cleared, we are left with the three Primaris unit DC equivalents for Intercessors, Assault Intercessors and jump assault intercessors. Of course only with the same options like their counterparts. Maybe we'll get something via the upgrade sprue, but surely not five powerfists, inferno pistols and so on. My question is, will those squads be useful of any kind? I don't see anyone talk about the Primaris DC units we already have. Do you think that an inbuilt reroll, 6+++, +1 attack and swapped special rule justifies to take them? I don't see myself taking ten DC jump Intercessors with 2 fists and and Lemartes right now to be honest. 

It's a point I've been wrestling with. Vanguard vets + SP might be better.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:13 AM, Rhavien said:

It's a point I've been wrestling with. Vanguard vets + SP might be better.

I agree. Van Vets + Priest + Captain get 5 S8 AP-2 attacks each on the charge. You can also a sprinkling of Storm Shields for durability and some Inferno Pistols to threaten tough targets.

I kinda feel that Primaris DC will only be viable with Lemartes assuming he continues to provide Lethal Hits and 1- Damage.

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I agree. Van Vets + Priest + Captain get 5 S8 AP-2 attacks each on the charge. You can also a sprinkling of Storm Shields for durability and some Inferno Pistols to threaten tough targets.

I kinda feel that Primaris DC will only be viable with Lemartes assuming he continues to provide Lethal Hits and 1- Damage.

I don't want to be the grumpy Mephiston in the Monastry, but I think SPs also don't make it into the new codex. At least not with jumppack. There is precedence with the DA absolution chaplains sadly. I hope not, but I brace myself. 

My only hope is that since Sanguinary Priests were actually materially different in 9th (I know interrogators were too, but not really. Basically same exact datasheet just with one extra half strength ability), and also since they made the jump to 10th whereas interrogators did not, that we will still see them. 

It's hope, but not a faint hope.