Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Ed Tervigon

++Tervigon++
nids background.PNG

Last of our hqs our big boy. is it worth it. does it stack well in the winning fleets. let us know

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

with the continuing upsurge in our small gribblies is the terviagon looking any better than it did at atart of 10th? does it gain enough from any enhancements? id be thinking in invasion to give it the fnp enhancement as with the most wounds it should benifit the most from it. but then at its cost that taking a lot of gaunts out of a list.... (need to do articles for the other fleets) this has gne from such a good unit in 9th to being one that ive found too hard to justify... but its probably still in a better place than the tfex. anyone had any joy with one?

• 4 weeks later...

I’m weighing whether to run 1 or 2 of them in an Endless Swarm list. I like the idea of regenerating Termies without spending CP, and overlapping regen fields sounds both fun and annoying. But is it worth running two over, say, adding some Venomthropes? I don’t have a lot of Tyranids experience but I’d love to get some opinions

I mean they are tough and do help the gaunts. I think i did some stat checks on the gaunt page and really itll boil down to would i be better off with its value of gaunts? And with certain builds you gotta think where your opponent will put their firepower... ie lascannons gotta shoot something...

I've been pondering backporting the Tervigon to 4th edition; mostly I reckon it'd be copied from the original 5E profile, but instead of actually spawning new Termagant broods it'd have the following rule:
Brood Mother: Any destroyed Gaunt brood with the Without Number rule can be brought back into play in base contact with the Tervigon; place the first 5 Gaunts in base contact, and then the rest in unit coherency.