Ork bottle opener available next week

Sunday Preview

The preview focuses mostly on the excellent new models for Flesh Eater Courts but down near the bottom they show this neat Ork themed bottle opener. Not something amazing but I know a couple of people this will make a good gift for. No pre-order so I guess it's available immediately from next Saturday. Two new models being previewed next week, I'm guessing Necromunda or Old World for Monday and HH on Thursday.

08fkwBfKD5Wx3aVV.jpg

4 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

Sunday Preview

The preview focuses mostly on the excellent new models for Flesh Eater Courts but down near the bottom they show this neat Ork themed bottle opener. Not something amazing but I know a couple of people this will make a good gift for. No pre-order so I guess it's available immediately from next Saturday. Two new models being previewed next week, I'm guessing Necromunda or Old World for Monday and HH on Thursday.

08fkwBfKD5Wx3aVV.jpg

Wonder if they could do one for a bolter, like use the hand grip as the hook and the sickle magazine as the "rest" portion

I thought it was going to be an Ork face, sorta like this Dredd Bottle opener.

image.png.c2d42690fdcbb9803e5a555d3096597c.png

Honestly, it looks like a bad bottle opener. The leverage is too short and it's quite narrow. It would be hard to get purchase on the bottlecap and might just deform it rather than taking it off. The Axe head looks like it would get caught in your pocket. 

Edited by grailkeeper

6 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

Looking at the “in use” picture in the bottom corner, it appears to be very small. As cool as this looks, I think this falls under “novelty” than useful.

Do bottle openers need to be big?

I'd be more worried about how strong it is. Some cheap bottle openers I've used just grind down or break apart. 

20 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd be more worried about how strong it is. Some cheap bottle openers I've used just grind down or break apart. 

They don't have to be massive, but I can't help but think that it's only big enough to use between my thumb and index finger. At least if it were a bit longer you could get some fingers between the bottle and the opener and it would be a better motion to open. At least, that's they way I see it.

I mean pretty much anything can be a bottle opener. Table, lighter, long hair, teeth

And for orks it looks like literally everything within arms reach could be one

image.thumb.png.ba7b8d1eed449b64c05bc81a97b80af5.png

But yeah, looks neat. I've just been burnt before with bottle openers that grind down over time, kinda defeating the purpose of them.

Most drinks are cans and twist tops these days anyway. 

Edited by Orion

On 1/29/2024 at 12:19 PM, Orion said:

Pro drinker here, it's not wide enough, too sharp and can slip with that design. If you lift, you are better off using your swole forearms or the edge of a table instead of this fish hook to open bottles.