DG changes in q1 2024 patches

Tokugawa

Only one Biologus Putrifier can throw free grenade per turn.
Plague Marines +2ppm

Plagueburst Crawler +15pts, to 180
Typhus -20pts, to 80

Lord of Virulence -20pts, to 80

Deathshroud Terminators -5 pts for 3

Foetid Bloat-drone -10pts, to 90

Nurglings +5 pts for 3

Wardog Brigand +10pts to 170

So the plague marine brawling "meta list" got nerf, while some other units get buff. Nerf to PBC is not brutal since almost all the other indirect tanks also get nerfed, up to +35pts. Mortarion may see more play, since new released necron would be dominating strong in new meta and he can ignore necron ctan damage reducing abilities.

Edited by Tokugawa

15 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I think we still have very strong play. A little less reliance on plague Marine bullying, the bloat drone is priced to sell. I still think 3x PBC is the call. Maybe we will see some MBH and more FBD with the changes.

FBD is good, but I don't know whether the 10pts discount could generate enough profit to make taking 3 attractive. Maybe we would see more DG players bring 1 or 2.

MBH…well it is a fine detailed and cheap priced kit. But by coincidence, every time I decided to spend some time and money to expand my DG, it have bad rules at that timepoint. I still own 0 MBH now.

I like them. I tend to run a few just as spot armor removal; they do good work against most Walker profiles. Not as good into tanks as they were back in 9th but still some play.

I'll be bringing more FBD tho. I used two before their price reduction and found them to be VERY effective. Might slot in a third with the fleshmower and see if it's also any good. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've not run since the points update, but I run 1 each the 3 FBD and 2 MBH. I'm sub 2000 pts games they do work. It's 50 wounds at T9 on 10" M platforms.

I just got a PBC done to add, and a Las Missile Dred to pack in there.

I'm only going up to 2000 pts with this army.

30 PM in it now, so it's just a couple more characters and I'm maxed.

I just eater plagued 3 Phoenix lords with Typhus in 1 game! 80 points is such a steal.  Death guard efficiency is so high right now all over.  Plague marines are now too rich for me but I need more death shroud Terminators in my life like asap. It's a great time to grab your demon engines and go to war!