-In His Name, we follow- The Cathedral of Saint Celestine

Let me start to give you some context about this project.

I was looking to recreate a SoB procession in a cathedral and I wanted to convey the absolute stunning of seeing Sisters of Battle marching through a colossal church, followed by believers, accolites and the faithful.
I always fantasized about the impossible and monstrous architecture of the Imperial churches and with some calculations I knew that you have to use a small real size church for proportions.
So I did what I can, creating one diorama (view, it's not a complete church) which in reality it will be aproximately some 80-90 meters. Not a colossal structure but something big noneless.

It took me two years to complete it and it was by far the most expensive and longer project that I made.
Sometimes, during the process, it was hard 'cause I work only a project at time and this was one was especially gruelling.
My father made the base (wood), other than that I did all by myself and painted it. Every single tile of the floor is hand-painted by me.
So the colums and all the rest.The stained glass window are printed.

I decided to leave an angle free, to better see the diorama. The roof is not there for the same reason and because in my head the church roof is much higher.
Most SoB miniatures are standards with only some minor conversions. The faithful are heavily converted with help from my bits boxes.

The Altar of Hatred(the tank in the middle) is also converted with pieces from exorcist,immolator and rhino, plus some hand-made parts and parts from terrains.

I usually paint grimdark and these miniatures are not different. It's one of my favorite paint style and for this project I think it was perfect, to create contrast with the church itself.

So after two years, a fair amounts of hours of work, a concrete possibility this was the cause of a divorce, it's finally done and I can't be more happy!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

P.S.I put my cat Lumi as easter egg in the diorama, to honor her after she died last year, in December. She was with us for sixteen years and it felt right to give her the possibility to see the procession for higher point, where she can judge everything like only cats can do.

LfiYi1z.jpg

My5pmh2.jpg

Uayh1Mr.jpg      WClqwUA.jpg   rS8WCf9.jpg

nBumiKp.jpg   ZCbvJEf.jpg

AUpWc7e.jpg

w4QS1tx.jpg

ss09OdT.jpg Lumi

ZTukRfD.jpg

ewm2wga.jpg

aNBbNmD.jpg

x7CqIzn.jpg   Y0RHUT2.jpg   

7nqAaO5.jpg

GeEgWvZ.jpg

zlxExe3.jpg

BNw7obn.jpg

8BB4T8Z.jpg

All the miniatures in the diorama:

WPUhthg.png

TqtGBTJ.png

JrpdbyO.png

RPkyOqU.png

kNSvxdt.png

nH6FVV6.png

Thank you @Grotsmasha!

Thanks a lot @TrawlingCleaner! I don't know how that work or even if they are interested at all. It sure would be cool.

Thank you @Firedrake Cordova, and thank you for your words. She will be forever missed.

Thank you very much @Mad_djg, @Scribe, @PHS.

No. I'm sorry, but just...no.

This is an entirely unnacceptable amount of awesome. How dare you show the rest of us up like this?!

Seriously, incredible work that simultaneously inspires me and makes me question even attempting any modelling when I know it'll never reach this level. And yes, you should absolutely show this to GW.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:23 PM, Tymell said:

No. I'm sorry, but just...no.

This is an entirely unnacceptable amount of awesome. How dare you show the rest of us up like this?!

Seriously, incredible work that simultaneously inspires me and makes me question even attempting any modelling when I know it'll never reach this level. And yes, you should absolutely show this to GW.

Thank you very much @Tymell!

I'm not the first to say this and I know it sounds a like a clichè, but just paint how you feel comfortable and paint a lot. If you find your zone, stick to it until you're happy, change it if you are not anymore.

Internet is great for new ideas or to see what levels of mastery people achies, But it can be a little detrimental for our self-esteem sometimes. It does not matter. You do you!

I will consider to contact GW altough my rough pic are really of poor quality in my opinion...

On 2/9/2024 at 1:22 PM, Metzombie said:

This is awesome. 

Only one small critique. The two big statues look like they are just white. I think they would look better with a bit of shadow and some weathering.

Thank you. 

I always appreciate honesty. The statues are in fact sprayed and air-brushed from white to white-grey and I want to leave them with little or nothing shadows, to rappresent purity. But I get what you see:happy:. It could be another choice of how to made them.