10th edition new DG model kit perdiction?

Tokugawa

Well, we haven't seen name of DG appeared on GW release roadmap yet. But GW already promised that in 10th, every faction will receive at least one model kit when their codex updated.

so far, factions on roadmap received:

Loyalist marine and Tyranids(many new model kits)

Necron(3)

Admech(1, example of "at least 1")

Dark angel(4, they also ge Lion at very end of 9th)

TAU(5+, the whole kroot model range is updated)

CSM(unknown, rumor says there will be terminator lord and jump pack lord)

Orks(unknown, GW already previewed 1 model)

Since DG model range was considered "more completed than heretic marine factions", I guess we would receive 1 new model. 

What will it be? How about your guess?

My bottom line: DONT give us pesitgor. Please. We don't need that and don't want to see that.

My optimistic guess: bulky heavy weapon wielders. DG equivalent of centurion/obliterator, bigger and more bloated havoc maybe? Fit DG style, and would help DG on anti-armor.

My actual guess: retire terminator sorcerer, then release a DG terminator character with psychic attacks and name in "Lord of XYZ" format.

8 hours ago, lansalt said:

DG possesed or a proper DG Terminator lord kit would be nice.

Well, if we got a mutated "7bound" infantry, I wish they don't have faces as ugly as Khorne 8bound.

Thankfully DG fully believe in helmets so no faces necessary.

I want no more terminator UNITS (character would be cool), and some heavy weapons squads would be really cool; more damage, higher cost, aimed at 7 men since Plague Marines aren't REALLY aimed at that number with how they work.

Bespoke Rhino would be cool, would also like more access to Daemon Engines, and would also be cool with ANOTHER new daemon engine for us (I'm thinking non artillery tank or more of a "tank" tank, aimed at taking and mitigating damage).

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

Bespoke Rhino would be cool, would also like more access to Daemon Engines, and would also be cool with ANOTHER new daemon engine for us (I'm thinking non artillery tank or more of a "tank" tank, aimed at taking and mitigating damage).

DG players may already own multiple rhinos;

10th rules strongly recommend plague marine users bring rhinos;

30K rhino is actually a young and high quality kit.

Based on above points, I feel market of "decorated DG rhino" probably has been saturated. And product like sororitas rhino which contain fresh new decoration parts and ancient hull sprue, will be awkward.

But! Since DG like daemon engines, and DG like rhinos, how about …a daemonic rhino? 

I like the PBC design much. It came from Sicaran, but different from Sicaran, and is not simply "Sicaran with DG bits". A daemonic rhino would make players recognize it was once a rhino, but different from rhino now. It could have the hatch at the front side instead of rear, have inv save and better guns like 1 single entropy cannon, along with smaller transport capacity(e.g. 7 models).

12 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

DG players may already own multiple rhinos;

10th rules strongly recommend plague marine users bring rhinos;

30K rhino is actually a young and high quality kit.

Based on above points, I feel market of "decorated DG rhino" probably has been saturated. And product like sororitas rhino which contain fresh new decoration parts and ancient hull sprue, will be awkward.

But! Since DG like daemon engines, and DG like rhinos, how about …a daemonic rhino? 

I like the PBC design much. It came from Sicaran, but different from Sicaran, and is not simply "Sicaran with DG bits". A daemonic rhino would make players recognize it was once a rhino, but different from rhino now. It could have the hatch at the front side instead of rear, have inv save and better guns like 1 single entropy cannon, along with smaller transport capacity(e.g. 7 models).

A DG specific razorback or transporting Predator world be very cool.

I'm very invested in DG and have 0 rhinos, so I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that a new chaos rhino is completely out of the question. Even if they just did some different types of upgrade sprues and threw em in with the current rhino, that'd be cool.

Id say a possessed style kit hopefully considering we got possessed made legend so we could get a Nurgle eightbound like unit otherwise another character possibly Lord of contagion finally sold separately

would love a more veteran / heavy weapon plague marine squad that had more range weapons like a heresy destroyer squad  

On 2/3/2024 at 4:04 PM, Tokugawa said:

My bottom line: DONT give us pesitgor. Please. We don't need that and don't want to see that.

My optimistic guess: bulky heavy weapon wielders. DG equivalent of centurion/obliterator, bigger and more bloated havoc maybe? Fit DG style, and would help DG on anti-armor.

My actual guess: retire terminator sorcerer, then release a DG terminator character with psychic attacks and name in "Lord of XYZ" format.

I think something like that is the most likey course of action, retiring generic characters and units which overlap with other codices. Rather than another single-character I'd prefer to see something along the lines of the SM Company Heroes, with the new character, plus a bodyguard unit that hands out buffs, or extends the current Contagion Range, maybe has some medium-long range anti-tank and something scary in assault. 

My guess would be whatever that third mantle was, Lord of Poxes? Like a DG Terminator sorcerer lord. Sad thing is DG doesn't need any more characters, which is all we will get. 

What they need is a 3 man plague marine kit with 1 of every option to pair with the 7 man kit. Rubrics and Berzerkers come in packs of 10. 7 man groups with wargear unlocking at 5 and 10 is silly. Or a DG heavy plague weapon infantry kit like others have mentioned.

They could also use a new Rhino, Helbrute, Predator and Land Raider, but that's just Chaos in general.

Aye, a bespoke Terminator Sorcerer is a real good call for a "single hero" update.

While I think a suite of Death Guard tanks is unlikely, maybe a Death Guard Vehicle Upgrades sprue? (Though I would love a new vehicle, especially if it was anti-tank focussed.)

This piece of art is iconic Death Guard to me (on the Book of Nurgle page in the 3.5 Codex) so I'd love a unit of "Devastators" with the option of Heavy Bolters or Entropy Cannons.

17b1d71a071d119c76332f18c2b6a45d.png

On 2/13/2024 at 12:25 AM, LSM said:

Aye, a bespoke Terminator Sorcerer is a real good call for a "single hero" update.

While I think a suite of Death Guard tanks is unlikely, maybe a Death Guard Vehicle Upgrades sprue? (Though I would love a new vehicle, especially if it was anti-tank focussed.)

This piece of art is iconic Death Guard to me (on the Book of Nurgle page in the 3.5 Codex) so I'd love a unit of "Devastators" with the option of Heavy Bolters or Entropy Cannons.

17b1d71a071d119c76332f18c2b6a45d.png

"Chaos astartes" derived into multiple faction product lines in recent 10 years. Hazard caution strip isn't an aesthetic element GW picked for today's death guard. If GW design a model based on concept of this illustration, I'm afraid that this guy could be only categorized as "chaos space marine with mark of Nurgle", not "death guard", no matter how bloat his face is.

8 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

"Chaos astartes" derived into multiple faction product lines in recent 10 years. Hazard caution strip isn't an aesthetic element GW picked for today's death guard. If GW design a model based on concept of this illustration, I'm afraid that this guy could be only categorized as "chaos space marine with mark of Nurgle", not "death guard", no matter how bloat his face is.

Aye, but the origins of that split were the 3rd edition IA articles (and subsequent 3.5 codex). That piece of art was the image for the Book of Nurgle section of that codex; the other Books also feature Adrian Smith art, and recently the Slaanesh marine depicted was used in the Hammer & Bolter episode Eternal for an Emperor's Children marine. 

I don't think the minor presence of hazard stripes on the Heavy Bolter is vital to the image - no more than the red shoulder pad that Smith seems to like to include. I don't need a one-to-one reproduction.

//

I know I put forward including it as inspiration for a unit with Heavy Bolters or Entropy Cannons, so another piece of art that I'd love to see as inspiration for the unit:

DeathGuard6.jpg.dc0c8e89776341d0a992725119c82205.jpg

I would love something that could modify enemies speed with more consistency. Slow them down to our level, or even removed their ability to leave the battlefield.

Might be a cool niche for DG to occupy. Sure, we are slow, but if you let us touch, you will also be slow. I think it would help out a lot. 

I only think this now cuz I got stomped into the dirt by Hypercrypt Legion this weekend and I thought I brought a relatively speedy force. Teleporting monolith and the ability of necrons to just rip away whole units is ROUGH. And we just don't stand up to that sort of withering fire anymore. 

As an admech player who got the “1” model, and closet DG player, I can only hope the DG model is something amazing.

Hopefully not a character to put in a plague marine unit. We’ve got lots of those. I want a hulking special dreadnaught that spews corrosive slime. Not really original but I think it would look awesome.

Edited by brother_b

While I think it would be disappointing, I am fully expecting a multi-part Terminator Lord/Srocerer/Lord of Contagion Kit.   

As an Army, Death Guard have a whooping 10 HQ choices.  2 are special characters with models.  Of the remaining 8, only 1 has an actual Death Guard model (Lord of Virulence).  Tthe remaining 7 HQ options are 5 are generic chaos kits (both D Pricines, Terminator Lord + Sorcerer, regular Chaos Lord) and 2 Web Store exclusives sold as part of a set with multiple models (Plaguecaster + Tainted Cohort ie the LOC).  The best LOC model from the 8th edition launch box isn't even offered for sale despite being the artwork model for the LOC in the APP.

From a Business standpoint, this cannot be seen as optimal.  Its very confusing for new Death Guard players to find the models they require to play.  GW could address much of this with a multi-option terminator kit that could be built as a Lord of Contagion or Sorcerer in Terminator Armor or Terminator Lord.  But I could also see the Plaguecaster receiving a standalone kit as its a huge hole in the "available on the shelf" model range and not easily convertible from the existing range.  If they were going to release the Lord of Contagion and the (excellent) Plaguecaster from the Space Marine Heroes set, I feel like they would have already.  The fact that these are not available lends credence to the theory that GW has something else in mind.

If we are wish listing, I would love to see something with long range that is infantry based, such as the CSM Havocs, or is cheap like the Rapier Carrier.  Many of our Heavy Weapons are either short range melta or only available on an expense vehicle chassis.    A Mortor looking Rapier Carrier is actually on theme.  I converted one using a 3rd party 3d print and it feels right at home in my collection.

PXL_20230427_004437289.jpg

Edited by KingYertle

• 2 weeks later...

The CSM 10th update announced, and the rumored "terminator lord" is actually a power armored lord: 

a8OLryVLVeSDPuYm.jpg

(Well, this guy doesn't have any "dynamic pose" but looking natural and nice. If we got a power armor lord with this quality, I will possibly pay that £25.)

Terminator lord/sorcerer wouldn't retire and will stay as options in CSM codex. In DG codex, I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...