10th edition new DG model kit perdiction?

Tokugawa

35 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

I also think there's some concern about packaging and modelling availability - yes, there are a lot of nice plague marine models out there, but it can be challenging for a "late joiner" to reasonably put together a 10 man squad with the 7 man box.

Oh HUGE this. It's annoying honestly. I have to buy 3 boxes to make 2 10 man squads with 1 left over...

I know 7 is nurgles number but you are taking them in squads of 5 and 10... hardly ever 7.

On 7/17/2024 at 11:53 AM, INKS said:

Oh HUGE this. It's annoying honestly. I have to buy 3 boxes to make 2 10 man squads with 1 left over...

I know 7 is nurgles number but you are taking them in squads of 5 and 10... hardly ever 7.

My favorite part was that couple weeks(months?) start of 10th where the fixed squad stuff was, hilariously, classic GW not even knowing their own product. 

Squad sizes/loadouts are based on boxes, but PM were 5 or 10 man squad sizes, not the 7 in the box. Now it's 5, 7, or 10.

I think the way to plug gaps in the range is to make a DG "mother of all upgrade sprues". It should include: 

3 power armour bodies [and whatever parts they need like heads and shoulder pads], which can be built as part of a PM squad, but also come with parts to create a Malignant Plaguecaster, Lord of XYZ/Chaos Lord and Noxious Blightbringer. 

Plague-melee weapons to allow the creation of dedicated assault PM squads. 

Heavy weapons for PM squads. 

A PM champion plasma gun. 

Alternative weapons for Myphitic Blight Haulers. 

Alternative parts for Deathshroud Terminators to turn one of them into a Lord of Contagion. (and make the minimum unit size 2 when accompanying him)

Cute little Nurgling familiars to stick on your models' bases, and one who plays peekaboo from within the barrel of a Plagueburst Mortar. (hell, maybe even make a DG equivalent to the Watcher in the Dark from the DA upgrade kit?)

Any other ideas? Perhaps Breacher Shields for PM, or right-handed Storm Shields for pure-melee Blightlords? A Palanquin supported by Nurglings for your characters? Maybe an AoS-Endless-Spells-style model to represent some kind of new psychic power? 

I think it'd be smartest to just add the reinforcements 3 man sprue they originally had to the current box and not increase the price (lol).

My dream scenario would be them combining the DG champion clampack, the Icon Bearer Clampack, and a new model to a single sprue and include them with the PM current box. I just think the standard bearer should be part of the squad like they are in Custodes; I hate the Ancient as a specific unit instead of just being part of the squad in Space Marines. 

Definitely won't happen but I would like it. And since Champions don't do anything special any more and are just essentially Plague Marines, fold it into the main box. 

15 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Downside to that would be wargear restrictions to the box. Losing options.

That's coming one way or the other. I'd at least like to be able to field the full battleline unit out of a single box. 

Edited by DemonGSides

I'd be thrilled with 14.

4 heavy melee weapons, 4 light melee weapons, 2 2+ spewer, 2 melta, 1 whatever and a sgt (probably heavy plague weapon and a plasma gun).

There's have to adjust Rhinos again, so I don't think it'd happen. They don't want 16 man Rhinos LOL

19 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

That's coming one way or the other. I'd at least like to be able to field the full battleline unit out of a single box. 

There would only be 1 of every special gun (but Melta) and only 2 heavy melee weapons per 10 instead of per 5. Not cool. I went from 2 blight launchers in my 5 man squads to 2 in my 10 man, I don't need to go down to 1 blight launcher for a 10 man haha. Tired of reworking plague marines, their wargear options have changed every edition.

I mean I get that it's the simplest solution, but that will come with even more baggage and wargear option limits.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:39 PM, DemonGSides said:

I'd be thrilled with 14.

4 heavy melee weapons, 4 light melee weapons, 2 2+ spewer, 2 melta, 1 whatever and a sgt (probably heavy plague weapon and a plasma gun).

There's have to adjust Rhinos again, so I don't think it'd happen. They don't want 16 man Rhinos LOL

I imagine, in such a case, that they wouldn't change DG Rhino capacity. If you wanted to run a squad of 14, you'd be hoofing it.

(Which would kind of harken back to the 2002 Codex, where only up-to-two Plague Marine squads could be taken with Rhinos as Troops choices - any others having to be taken as Fast Attack instead. As Death Guard were "primarily infantry-based" trench clearers.)

//

Thought: while I don't think it's a reasonable expectation for GW to package the current Plague Marine kit with either the Plague Marine Reinforcements or the ETB Plague Marines, I do wonder if we could get a "Kill Team: Plagus Somethingus" release with an upgrade sprue that effectively does the work.

The PM kit can be broken down as containing:

Bodies: 7 Legs/Backs, 13 Chest Plates, ~8 Pack Packs, ~19 Shoulder Pads (5 DG), 18 Heads
Weapons: 8 Bolters, ~4 Bubotic Weapons, 3 Heavy Plague Weapons, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Meltagun, 1 Plague Belcher, 1 Plague Spewer, 1 Blight Launcher, 1 Bolt Pistol, 1 Plasma Pistol 
Accoutrements: 1 Icon, 2 Blight Grenades, 2 Hands, 1 Cape, 1 Arm Cape, 1 Chainmail Capette

(Tilda denotes that some things are "built in". ie. One of the backpacks has to go with a Plague Spewer, etc.)

So for a Kill Team upgrade sprue, you'd just need to add 3 Legs/Backs, 2 Back Packs, at-least-1 Shoulder Pad, and then a couple odds and ends. You could maybe even do a big bell and a plague staff, allowing people to have the bits to create baby Noxious Blightbringers and Malignant Plaguecasters. (The kit is already so diverse that putting together 6 unique operatives is not difficult.) Maybe even squeeze on a Narthecium arm for a junior Plague Surgeon as well...

(Though if you wanted them to actually be useable as Blightbringers or Plague Surgeons, you'd need to include 40mm bases for them, so... maybe just the Plaguecaster bits.)

Edited by LSM