1000 points vs Tau

I had a 1000 point game against a Tau player that was learning his army.  I took a single character (Palatine) and had an immolator, rhino and an exorcist as vehicles.  It was a route for the most part.  We only played two and a half rounds before haiving to call it on time; it took nearly 5 hours to play that much.  Patience was never one of my virtues.  The score at the end was 38 to 17.  I had two turns and he had three.  Still learned a little, though.  What I learned is that Sisters are meant to die.  The trick is to outscore your opponent before that happens.  

OK, arcos may be durible with 4+ FNP but the take wounds so easily and Tau has volume of fire to put those wounds on a target.  I had a full unit of 10 arcos and a Preacher charge a crisis suit and a unit of fire warriors.  The Overwatch removed nearly half of my arcos.  Over watch.  Hitting on 6's.  Of course the firewalkers went away when the arcos got to fight but is was a tough cost to pay.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the board, Palalogus and crew were sittong on an objective and whittled down in a fight wioth his commander and a Hammerhead.  Once my vehicles took care of his vehicles it was smooth sailing.

I say my vehicles were slugging it out but the exorcist did nothing on the foirst turn and I spent a miracle die to get 7 shots which then did 2 points of damage total.  And that was all it did that game.  Two points of damage on a hammerhead.

On the other hand, had a unit of five seraphim decimate 20 pathfinders with their hand flamers.  I plan on taking more seraphim and less arcos in my 2K list.  I am still learning my army too and I have yet to take a Castigator but it's replacing the exorcist for my next game to see if I can find a reliable anti-tank tool.  As it is now, my BSS with melta weapons in an Immolator are filling that role.  I would like to run them with flamers.

Wrapping it up:
Seraphim are a steal at 70 points!  Not only are they deep striking, objective capping, move shoot and move mobility powerhouse but they can pack a punch as well.
Melta guns in a melta Immy are still the bread and butter tank killers.
Sisters can still play without all the unit interaction synergies but damn, did I miss those benefits.  

Grenades are OP.  I used that to my advantage of course.

Wow, that was a lot to write for a little game.  I am usually much more concise but I guess I'm feeling verbose tonight.