Ultramarines Logos Lectora - 3000pts

AdamR

For an upcoming 1 dayer. Trying to include fluffy little units that I've enjoyed painting, plus enough grunt to stop titans kicking sand in my face. 
So a bit of a mixed bag really! 

WARNING - CONTAINS NO SUZERAIN OR CONTEMPTORS :tongue:
Viewer discretion is advised!

HQ

Warlord - Praetor w/thunder hammer, volkite charger, Mantle of Ultramar, Warlord Trait - The Burden of Kings, Rite of War - The Logos Lectora.
177 pts

Master of Signal w/bolt pistol, chainsword, augury scanner, cognis signum, nuncio vox, vox disruptor array.
95 pts

ELITES

Apothecarion Detachment - 1 Apothecary w/bolt pistol, chainsword, artificer armour.
55 pts

Terminator Cataphractii Squad - Sgt w/two lightning claws, 2 Cataphractii w/combi bolters & power mauls, 2 Cataphractii w/ combi bolters & thunder hammers.
215 pts

Praetorian Breacher Squad - Sgt w/bolt pistol, power fist, artificer armour, boarding shield, 3 Praetorians w/bolt pistols, power swords, boarding shields, 1 Praetorian w/bolt pistol, power sword, boarding shield, legion vexilla.
170 pts

Land Raider Proteus Carrier dedicated transport w/2 gravis lascannons, twin linked heavy bolter, searchlight.
225 pts

TROOPS
Tactical Squad - Sgt w/Power fist, bolt pistol, boltgun, artificer armour, 8 Legionary's w/boltguns, bolt pistols, chain bayonets, 1 Legionary w/boltgun, bolt pistol, chain bayonet, legion vexilla.

153 pts

Rhino w/combi bolter, dozer blade.
40 pts

Tactical Squad - Sgt w/boltgun, bolt pistol, 9 legionary's w/boltguns & bolt pistols.
100 pts

Rhino w/ Combi bolter, dozer blade.
40 pts

Assault Squad - Sgt w/power fist, bolt pistol, combat shield, 2 legionary's w/ power swords, bolt pistols, combat shields, 7 legionary's w/chainswords, bolt pistols, combat shields.
200 pts

FAST ATTACK

Sky-Hunter Squadron - Sgt w/bolt pistol, chainsword, multi melta, 2 Sky-Hunters w/bolt pistols, chainswords, multi melta's.
150 pts

Locutarus Storm Squad - Sgt w/thunder hammer, bolt pistol, artificer armour, 4 Locutarus w/ Argaen power swords,bolt pistols, artificer armour.

205 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT 

Heavy Support Squad - Sgt w/lascannon, artificer armour, 9 Legionary's w/lascannons.

285 pts

Heavy Support Squad - Sgt w/lascannon, artificer armour, 9 Legionary's w/lascannons.

285 pts

Leviathan Dreadnought Talon- 2 Leviathan dreadnoughts w/siege claw & in built meltagun, siege drill & in built meltagun, 2 heavy flamers, phosphex dischargers.
590 pts

2985 pts

So what do I spend my last 15 points on? The possibilities are endless :laugh:
An extra thunder hammer in the terminators?

A vexilla or artificer armour for the non upgraded Tactical Squad?

Convert my Praetorians in to a command squad (double the attacks! artificer armour all round!)?
Hunter killer missiles for everyone?

A selection of combi grenade launchers?
Mastercraft the Praetors thunder hammer? 
Something totally different but equally as exciting?

• 2 weeks later...

Reorganised the list a little, and this is the finished iteration...

HQ

Warlord - Praetor w/thunder hammer, volkite charger, Mantle of Ultramar, Warlord Trait - The Burden of Kings, Rite of War - The Logos Lectora.
177 pts

Command Squad - Standard Bearer w/power sword, boarding shield, legion standard, 3 Chosen w/power fists, boarding shields, volkite chargers, 5 Chosen w/power swords, boarding shields, bolters
319 pts

Land Raider Proteus Carrier dedicated transport w/2 gravis lascannons, twin linked heavy bolter, searchlight.
225 pts

Master of Signal w/bolt pistol, chainsword, augury scanner, cognis signum, nuncio vox, vox disruptor array.
95 pts

Legion Armistos w/bolt pistol, chainsword, master crafted auto cannon, augury scanner, cognis signum.
80 pts

ELITES

Apothecarion Detachment - 1 Apothecary w/bolt pistol, chainsword, artificer armour.
55 pts

TROOPS
Tactical Squad - Sgt w/Power fist, bolt pistol, boltgun, artificer armour, 8 Legionary's w/boltguns, bolt pistols, chain bayonets, 1 Legionary w/boltgun, bolt pistol, chain bayonet, legion vexilla.

153 pts

Rhino w/combi bolter, dozer blade.
40 pts

Tactical Squad - Sgt w/boltgun, bayonet, bolt pistol, 9 legionary's w/boltguns & bolt pistols.
101 pts

Rhino w/ Combi bolter, dozer blade.
40 pts

Assault Squad - Sgt w/power fist, bolt pistol, combat shield, 2 legionary's w/ power swords, bolt pistols, combat shields, 7 legionary's w/chainswords, bolt pistols, combat shields.
200 pts

FAST ATTACK

Sky-Hunter Squadron - Sgt w/bolt pistol, chainsword, multi melta, 2 Sky-Hunters w/bolt pistols, chainswords, multi melta's.
150 pts

Locutarus Storm Squad - Sgt w/thunder hammer, bolt pistol, artificer armour, 4 Locutarus w/ Argaen power swords,bolt pistols, artificer armour.

205 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT 

285 pts

285 pts

Leviathan Dreadnought Talon- 2 Leviathan dreadnoughts w/siege claw & in built meltagun, siege drill & in built meltagun, 2 heavy flamers, phosphex dischargers.
590 pts

3000 on the nose.

Armistos joins one Heavy Support Squad, The Master of Signals joins the other, giving both BS 5 shooting, night fighting and interceptor.
THEORY - the threat of a bs5 20 lascannon return fire from my advanced reaction, should discourage enemy shooting.
PRACTICAL - they all get sniped out by nemesis bolters or pie plated by out of LOS Scorpius's

The Apothecary joins the tooled up Tactical Squad to try and hold a forward objective.

Assault squad supports the Locutarus, potentially eating an overwatch to ensure the veterans get in unscathed.

Accept that my Proteus will probably get blown up turn 1, but hopefully it will have gotten my Praetor & Command Squad into a decent position.
And if that's getting shot, it's taking attention from my trundling Leviathans.
Speaking of the Command Squad, I know lightning claws are a better pick than power swords for them, but rule of cool yo!

Sky Hunters try to flank armour, and just be a fast moving annoyance.

In conclusion, I reckon the bayonet on the Tac Squad Sgt will be key.

Edited by AdamR

I like it.

I personally would make one of the Heavy Support units Volkite and get your hands on some Suzerains to replace the Command Squad.  Extra points could go to the Leviathans, upgrade the Heavy Flamers to Volkite and maybe a storm cannon.

Bit late to change it now, the tournament is in the morning!

Also I've been holding off getting suzerains... I know they're objectively the best ultramarines cc unit, but I just can't bring myself to part with the £76 for 5 models that I'm actually not all that keen on...:laugh:

Edit: army pic addedlarge.IMG_20240216_232931942.jpg.c64ea3c

Edited by AdamR

I think the Armistos would better off with a Lascannon what with the changes to Cognis in the recent FAQ (cant use during reactions).  That way you have one Lascannon shot at BS5 during reactions, plus you can split him off with a relentless Lascannon if you need a Hail-Mary shot at something.

I think you're going to find that a 10 man assault marine squad is a bit too small, especially since we cannot DS when running the Logos.

Too late to change it now, tournament was yesterday!:laugh:

Ultramar victorii!

@Cruor Vault Regarding the assault squad - they work fine as mobile line and as a bully squad for stuff like naked tac squads or rapiers, expecting them to do more than that is looking to fail I think. Game three they failed their first morale check, then failed a regroup, and we're off the board turn 2!:laugh:

To be honest the two lascannon squads were pretty oppressive and I may just take 1 in future. I had them stacked close together so with the advanced reaction (or in game 1 with interceptor) at least one  of them was hitting on 2's! Having  the Armistos with them was key for the augury scanner as well. Also as the cognis gives night fighting (which also bypasses shrouding) I'd be crazy not to attach him!

Game 1 I was against Night Lords with Kurze/night raptors/2 podding terror squads (1 with sevetar) all deep striking turn 2. Master of Signals made them disorganised, then the one that did land near me, the terror squad ate 20 intercepting night fighting last cannons. 

Kurze finally got snipped in half by a Leviathan.

Game 2 was against Alpha Legion. I lost my Praetor turn 1 to sniper fire and prescision shot multi meltas. I was able to bait out his lascannon squads reaction with my land raider then shot them down with my las. They then took care of his dreads as well allowing my dreads to clean up.

Game 3 was against a regular opponent of mine with Iron Warriors featuring Perturabo, 10 siege tyrants, dominators, Spartan, land raider, shrapnel tac squads 2 dreads and a praetor.

Got night fighting and took out 2 dreadnoughts turn one between the 2 las squads and the land raider. Siege tyrants then deleted the land raider.

Managed to kill Perturabo in cc with my pair of Leviathans. Lost a unit of lascannons from return fire from the drive tyrants, but between the two squads managed to whittle them down.

3 great games using Cthonia missions, which I'd not played before. Would recommend :thumbsup:

IMG_20240217_174835881.jpg

Edited by AdamR

• 2 weeks later...