HH2.0 Thousand Sons - 3,000 Pts

tagsta

Hi, here is a 3000pts List for Thousand Sons... Feedback welcome as I am not 100% bulletproof with Psychic Powers & Arcana.
What is the best Arcana other than Pavoni? 
Cheers

No ROW as I couldn't find any that works particularly well with the list.
The Plan: 
- Infiltrate Amon & Lightning Claw Command Squad & in LR Proteus.
- Outflank Herald & Sekhmet (Line, scoring) in LR Explorator.
- Run Tacticals w/ Asphix Shells to capture objectives.
- Osirons with Pavoni Extra Movement to get into opponent’s face quickly and draw attention away from Tacticals.
- Assault Marines to bully Tactical Squads.
- Sicaran & Recon Squad to provide Fire Support.

Psychic Powers: 
- Amon uses Telepathy to Pin Units & Shut Off Reactions OR uses Divination to give Precision Strikes/Shots to a friendly squad.
- Herald uses Telepathy to Pin Units & Shut Off Reactions.
- Sekhmet use Biomancy & Achean Force Mauls to attack at S7 AP3 at Initative.
- Tacticals use Pavoni Arcana to run across the board. They get 2x different Arcana from Sergeant & Apothecary.
- Apothecaries give Extra Corvidae Arcana so Tactical Squads can also gain Precision Strikes if needed.
- Osirons use Pavoni Arcana to become scary fast
- Recon Snipers use Athaneans to get -1 Ld for Pinning Check
- Assault Squad use Pyrae Arcana for second Hammer of Wrath Attack 

Legiones Astartes

Magistus Amon 185

Retinue Command Squad
• 5 Command Squad 194
pair of lightning claws
• Land Raider Proteus 235
hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon

Herald in Terminator Armour 135
Cult Arcana (Pyrae), Prosperine Magic (Telepathy), Cataphractii terminator armour, thunder hammer

Tactical Squad 161
Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour, asphyx bolter), 14 Tactical Space Marines, Cult Arcana (Corvidae)

Tactical Squad 169
Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour), 14 Tactical Space Marines, Cult Arcana (Corvidae)

Assault Squad 180
Assault Sergeant (artificer armour, power fist), 9 Assault Space Marines, Cult Arcana (Pyrae), 2× power weapon (sword)

Reconnaissance Squad 145
Reconnaissance Sergeant (Nemesis bolter), 4 Reconnaissance Marines, Cult Arcana (Athanaen), 4× Nemesis bolter, augury scanner

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal 300
Sekhmet Inceptor (Achea force maul), 4 Sekhmet Terminators, Cult Arcana (Pavoni)

Apothecarion Detachment
• Apothecary 55
Cult Arcana (Pavoni), artificer armour
• Apothecary 55
Cult Arcana (Pavoni), artificer armour

Osiron Dreadnought Talon
• Contemptor-Osiron Dreadnought 230
Cult Arcana (Pavoni), Gravis melta cannon
• Contemptor-Osiron Dreadnought 230
Cult Arcana (Pavoni), Gravis melta cannon

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
• Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought 305
cyclonic melta lance, two torso-mounted twin-linked volkite caliver

Land Raider Proteus Explorator 250

Sicaran Battle Tank 175
Edited by tagsta

As your termies are in reserve to outflank anyway, you aaalmost have a recon company list - you would just have to have the levi start in reserve also, which is really bad. Also, I've remembered that the proteus explorator has reduced transport capacity due to the array, so it can only hold 4 terminators, which makes the sekhmet unable to get in. 

Personally I'd just swap it for a DT carrier and start them on the table - you'll get where you need to be by T2 anyway, but you'll have more armour on th table to take the heat from the dreads and sicaran. 

Also, I might be wrong, but I think that sekhmet don't actually get an arcana as they havs their own power? You might want to double check that. 

6 hours ago, Xenith said:

As your termies are in reserve to outflank anyway, you aaalmost have a recon company list - you would just have to have the levi start in reserve also, which is really bad. Also, I've remembered that the proteus explorator has reduced transport capacity due to the array, so it can only hold 4 terminators, which makes the sekhmet unable to get in. 

Personally I'd just swap it for a DT carrier and start them on the table - you'll get where you need to be by T2 anyway, but you'll have more armour on th table to take the heat from the dreads and sicaran. 

Also, I might be wrong, but I think that sekhmet don't actually get an arcana as they havs their own power? You might want to double check that. 

hey man, nicely spotted with the Explorator. Yes you are correct. It can only carry 8 models and becomes useless for Terminators...

I swapped it out.

I believe Sekhmet also get Arcana.. Most units get Arcana & some can be upgraded to Psychic Powers :)

• 3 weeks later...

The TL:DR is switch to the Recon RoW and make adjustments. Dropping the tactical squads all together in favor of recon squads with tech marines & cognis-sigums.

Corvidae gives units a Precision shot.

Athanaen gives you +1 to pinning/moral tests

Pyrae gives you hammer of wrath (2).

Raptora (+1) invulnerable save to a max of 4+ when 12" from enemy

I would actually take Corvidae on your Osirons. The gravis melta cannons can snipe out characters and hqs with instant death.

Tactical squads would actually benefit more from either Pyrae or raptora. Corvidae does nothing for them. Pavoni would be optimal, but I assume you are putting the apothecaries in those squads.

Also speaking on the apothecaries I would take Achean force weapons over Artificer Armour on them.

Personally I would drop the assault squad for a second recon squad. I'd also take techmarines with cognis-sigums for the recon snipers. 

In my experience: Assault marines just need to be an all or nothing type unit. Either run 2+ or none. They should also take pavoni or raptora over pyrae. Raptora Especially if you deepstrike them and with combat shields have 5++ invulnerable.

I'd also drop the sekhmet and take a drop pod for your Leviathan, or a heavy weapons team. But if you want to keep them with the herald that's okay, it's just a poorer option compared to a heavy weapons team with Corvidae, and taking a second/third recon squad gives you 5 scoring units the same as what you already have. The difference is the recon squad can sit and snipe, while the shekmet and herald realistically aren't doing anything until turn 2/3.

I'd invest in Seeker squads as well so you could infiltrate your land raiders and still keep them in a Recon RoW. Ultimately it's up to you: but the major changes come with the arcana suggestions.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten
Clearing up fat fingers on phone.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:34 PM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

The TL:DR is switch to the Recon RoW and make adjustments. Dropping the tactical squads all together in favor of recon squads with tech marines & cognis-sigums.

Corvidae gives units a Precision shot.

Athanaen gives you +1 to pinning/moral tests

Pyrae gives you hammer of wrath (2).

Raptora (+1) invulnerable save to a max of 4+ when 12" from enemy

I would actually take Corvidae on your Osirons. The gravis melta cannons can snipe out characters and hqs with instant death.

Tactical squads would actually benefit more from either Pyrae or raptora. Corvidae does nothing for them. Pavoni would be optimal, but I assume you are putting the apothecaries in those squads.

Also speaking on the apothecaries I would take Achean force weapons over Artificer Armour on them.

Personally I would drop the assault squad for a second recon squad. I'd also take techmarines with cognis-sigums for the recon snipers. 

In my experience: Assault marines just need to be an all or nothing type unit. Either run 2+ or none. They should also take pavoni or raptora over pyrae. Raptora Especially if you deepstrike them and with combat shields have 5++ invulnerable.

I'd also drop the sekhmet and take a drop pod for your Leviathan, or a heavy weapons team. But if you want to keep them with the herald that's okay, it's just a poorer option compared to a heavy weapons team with Corvidae, and taking a second/third recon squad gives you 5 scoring units the same as what you already have. The difference is the recon squad can sit and snipe, while the shekmet and herald realistically aren't doing anything until turn 2/3.

I'd invest in Seeker squads as well so you could infiltrate your land raiders and still keep them in a Recon RoW. Ultimately it's up to you: but the major changes come with the arcana suggestions.

hey thanks so much for taking the time and making the Arcana suggestions. I really like the idea about Corvidae Osirons... I will rework the list and share soon..