Sunday Preview - Space Marines, Kill Team and Legions Imperialis

5 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

My guess is assault termies will be all the rage come 11th edition

I could see assault termies being the release for the Black Templars codex (potentially with an upgrade sprue similar to what the Deathwing knights are going to be getting). Obviously, a Templar specific unit would be nice, but it would also make sense given the releases left.

2 hours ago, Mr. Oddity said:

I could see assault termies being the release for the Black Templars codex (potentially with an upgrade sprue similar to what the Deathwing knights are going to be getting). Obviously, a Templar specific unit would be nice, but it would also make sense given the releases left.

New Deathwing Knights is a 100% standalone independent kit, which doesn't share sprues with generic marine products. Do you mean Deathwing terminators? 

Edited by Tokugawa

4 hours ago, Mr. Oddity said:

Maybe... I would say BA are more likely. Though the likliest option is the new BA upgrade sprue will likely just have a couple of upgrade bits for terminators. Those could be assault ones, or assault termies are just more distant. I don't really see it a thing for Templars. Termies has never been a unit Black Templars are noted for. I'd love to be wrong of course.

Regardless, my main point is Assault terminators feel fairly distant right now. But at the same time I think GW don't want to wait too long, given that current kit stacks up rather poorly compared to the renewed kits

11 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

My guess is assault termies will be all the rage come 11th edition

I think 10th edition revealed to me I was really tired of space marines; but that could be edition fatigue too (and the artificial way marines are released in waves that don't quite connect). I sometimes wonder if 40k was a simpler ruleset - like heresy, or something from that 3rd-5th edition high point - I'd be more engaged, too, whereas I just find the game confusing with no easy entry point. 

The modern game is too messy, it's poster children so boring (wait years for a dry update of those minis that, ultimately, originated 25-35 years ago in metal), the imperium and galaxy feels so much smaller, somehow, etc. it just feels tired and I wish GW would just give marines a break for an edition - imagine that? An edition with not a single new marine? 

Seeing the new releases for 40k, for so long now, and I feel my enthusiasm just goes out the window. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Maybe... I would say BA are more likely. Though the likliest option is the new BA upgrade sprue will likely just have a couple of upgrade bits for terminators. Those could be assault ones, or assault termies are just more distant. I don't really see it a thing for Templars. Termies has never been a unit Black Templars are noted for. I'd love to be wrong of course.

Regardless, my main point is Assault terminators feel fairly distant right now. But at the same time I think GW don't want to wait too long, given that current kit stacks up rather poorly compared to the renewed kits

Yeah, although not "the terminator chapter" in stories, BA has more relations to terminator in modern GW products.

99120101123_BloodAngelsAssautTerminators

We all know space hulk masterpieces. GW also released a BA terminator kit, different from Deathwing or wolf guards, this product didn't really have special options or rules since 8th, just worked as "skin". Space marine heroes blindbox also had BA in terminators visual art(but the models don't have sculpted chapter insignias).