Dawn of Fire: Hand of Abaddon [Nick Kyme]

Think we should all talk about how much we want to read this and the special edition of it and just hype it up so scalpers rush in and buy the LE and then we don’t buy them off the scalpers who are left holding the bag. 

But yeah, the series is pretty lackluster. I didn’t even realize some of the books were connected. 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:40 AM, Doctor Perils said:

Wait, the audiobooks are abridged?!

not according to audible they arent.....or are you talking about the black library audio books.?    Audible version clearly states on its entry that it is unabridged versions.

12 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

So I might be the only one excited by this (and the series in general)? :ph34r:

I’ve found the series hit and miss, mostly miss if I’m brutally honest but Chris Wraight, Guy Haley and Marc Collins contributions have been good. But I don’t rate Nick Kyme as an author or editor, and the series overall has gone nowhere. We‘re on the penultimate book and the story has barely moved from where it started. 

Edited by Remain_Indoors
Autocorrect!

3 hours ago, beefeb said:

not according to audible they arent.....or are you talking about the black library audio books.?    Audible version clearly states on its entry that it is unabridged versions.

Apparently the book-books have appendices that aren't in the audio version - does that count as abridged? I don't know

I thought audible just uses the black library version for these though?

Yes, normally the book is the same text, possibly missing author afterwords (Also annoying) but the Dawn of Fire books (As mentioned further back in the thread if you kept reading...) are missing appendices from the books, which might not technically be abridged, but missing text is missing text imho.

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Yes, normally the book is the same text, possibly missing author afterwords (Also annoying) but the Dawn of Fire books (As mentioned further back in the thread if you kept reading...) are missing appendices from the books, which might not technically be abridged, but missing text is missing text imho.

So what is in the appendices that you refer to?

11 hours ago, Remain_Indoors said:

Breakdowns of what the Indomitus Crusade Fleets are doing and where they’re headed. The previous book for example goes into Fleet Secundus.

Ahhh, I didnt know that...thanks....Im a strictly audiobooks reader/listener these days.  Another example of why this series is so weak and lacklustre.....doubles down the validity of my decision to just ignore it.  An example of either ignorance or intentional poor treatment of customers by GW again.