There's no Crimson Slaughter without laughter

Hey y'all!

I recently bought some second hand chaos marine minis and have been stripping the paint of them and basically recosntructing them with bits and what not.

I thought to paint them as Crimson Slaughter because Krannon and the Draznicht ravagers were in the lot, also because most of the stuff had khorne alliegance (a Zhufor too).
And since I already have some Tzaangors that I converted to use as the beastmen kill team I thought i might find a warband that's both Tzeentch and Khorne aligned.

However, I've been way out of the loop with 40k since the start of 8th ed (the changes in the game bored me a lot. I thought to give Crusade a try because it seem like a nice blend of rpg and boardgame but found no one to play with :/ ) so I don't know much of the newer lore for chaos.

Are the Crimson Slaughter still a thing? were they ditched?
Could you please give me some tips on how to use the CHOAS in this new 10th edition?

Also, here are some pics of the minis I've converted already, though they are still in a very raw form.

Cheers!

Aspiring Champion 1.jpg

CSM.jpeg

Terminators.jpeg

Edited by nusphigor

On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Head swap looks good - I doubt it will be noticeable that its not the stock head when its done.

Many thanks mate!

Well it's kinda weird because the head stands much taller than the normal model. It's a matter of milimeters though...

Anyways, here are some pics of krannon and Zhufor.
I still have to basecoat and shade the flesh and the greens. Hopefully i will be able to finish that today.

krannon wip 2.jpeg

Krannon wip 3.jpeg

Zhufor 1.jpeg

Zufor 2.jpeg