Ash
Go to solution Solved by Goranged,

I'm asking how people are faring using SOS in their games.  Which units worked well and which didn't.    I used SoS against a Black Templar list last night.  Bladeguard Veterans in the Sons of Sanguinius detachment are very very good.  They always had a load of quality attacks but now they really shine with the +2 strength and extra attack.  Throw Red Rampage on them and they punch well above their weight.  They punched out a Ballistis comfortably after a vindicator took half its wounds and the BGV singlehandedly destroyed an impulsor.  I will always always take at least 3 BGV to sit on a home objective or near it.  Also meritorious mention to 10 DC with Lemartes under our new rule.  Put RR on them roll 30-40 odd dice and watch them blend anything.  Ran a Baal flamer with the DC and this worked very well the Baal is a good tank for keeping up with DC and the overwatch it threatens somewhat helps ensuring the DC get to pick their targets for charge.  The DC evaporated Helbrecht his guard and retinue, about 10 models IIRC.

3 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I have had good results with it. You really need to lean into lots of melee units to pull off those charges. Shame most of the Enhancements are kind weak. Artisan of War is OK but the rest are a bit naff.

I've have great success with VanVets with Capi/SP and Icon of the angel (killed Leontus when trying to leave CC)

Also DC with Lemartes and even scouts or assault Intercessors (with multicharges they dmg)

Aggressive Onslaught has been golden for me to move faster by benefiting of bad opponents placement.

10 hours ago, Goranged said:

I've have great success with VanVets with Capi/SP and Icon of the angel (killed Leontus when trying to leave CC)

I find that usually only works once. Any opponent who knows what the Icon of the Angel does will usually simply elect not to fall back.

• Solution

Exactly, much better, we'd be more protected from enemy fire one turn then. And we can fallback and charge with strats. 

My complaints are:

Not having something to make at least one unit move faster since in many scenarios we don't have enough terrain to get cover while we move forward. 

As you said, most enhancements are worthless and we lack an strat beyond armor of contempt to get protection against shooting. Now, AoC works great with cover and Sv2+ but most of our stuff is Sv3+ since almost nobody is using SG. SP is nice but with 2wound models is good but not enough.

I miss "Angels Sacrifice " it was so fluffy and useful but with the current mechanicsit could only work with Sanguinor.

Edited by Goranged

16 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I have had good results with it. You really need to lean into lots of melee units to pull off those charges. Shame most of the Enhancements are kind weak. Artisan of War is OK but the rest are a bit naff.

They are rubbish aren't they? GeeDubs wants us to play Gladius badly.