Warhammer Newbie with a Musical View

Hi there. Thanks for the acceptance.

I'm a fantasy music composer based in London (D20 RPG Music) and long time ttrpg gamer.

I'm pretty new to the Warhammer universe and just diving into some of the lore and massive scope of things which has very much inspired my creativity. My style is versatile and cinematic and I've been wanting to make something a bit darker and gritty of late, so I think I'm in the right place.

I hope to share some work soon, but also to learn more as I go too.

Hey and welcome!

No idea if this is something you're interested in, but I'd really love to hear a more alien-focussed take on music in the setting. Most of what gets attached to the IP (either in video games or animations) is that familiar cinematic sweeping orchestra with chanting choir style. That certainly works for factions like the Imperium (very traditionalist, very religious) and I suppose by virtue of most of the stories being told from their point of view, that's the music we typically get. But what would Eldar, or Tau, or even Tyranid-inspired music sound like?

7 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Hey and welcome!

No idea if this is something you're interested in, but I'd really love to hear a more alien-focussed take on music in the setting. Most of what gets attached to the IP (either in video games or animations) is that familiar cinematic sweeping orchestra with chanting choir style. That certainly works for factions like the Imperium (very traditionalist, very religious) and I suppose by virtue of most of the stories being told from their point of view, that's the music we typically get. But what would Eldar, or Tau, or even Tyranid-inspired music sound like?

Now that's actually a fantastic point. A wholeheartedly and almost without reservation* concur.

* I mean, have you heard Vogron poetry!? ;)

On 2/17/2024 at 5:53 PM, Halandaar said:

Hey and welcome!

Hey Halandaar and thanks for the welcome. I'll put a post somewhere soon and ask for some opinions like this, but I'm planning an album which will hopefully cover all of the possibilities. I'd love to have something for everyone.

Where would be a good spot in these forums to post and ask about some ideas do you think?

Edited by D20 Music

Hail and well met!

I saw you were a TTRPGer, and I got here as quickly as I could.

BnC does have a Play-by-post RPG forum (the RPG Nook) for mainly the Fantasy Flight Games systems. It's perhaps a bit slower than what you're used to, but it allows stretching the narrative muscles quite a bit. Feel free to drop by and take a look to see if we're you're speed.

There is one game which is currently recruiting for Space Marine players if you get the bug (not Tyranids).

Welcome, and see you around the board!