Death Star Derby

MARK0SIAN

Death Star Derby

I was thinking about which Legion or force would be able to create the best 'Death Star' unit and decided it might make for a fun thread to allow people to theory craft some interesting combinations.

Rules:

• The Death Star must fit into a standard 3000 points game for the purposes of determining percentage values for Lords of War.
  • The Death Star unit as a whole must not exceed 850 points.
  • The unit must be Game Legal, for example characters may not join any units they would not normally be able to join. However, you may assume that the rest of your list conforms to any requirements that may be necessary to use a rite of war or similar configuration.
  • Any faction with official HH 2.0 rules may be used (bonus points for going with Solar Auxilia)

I came up with the rules not to try and limit creativity but to stop people simply taking everything (Like Valdor and 10 Aquilon Terminators) and to force them to make some tough decisions.

Hopefully this leads to some enjoyable fun and an interesting thread. I will be posting my own ideas when I've nailed them down.

Happy Theory-Crafting Fraters.

Krole with a maxed out Raptora cadre including 2 fists, in an Acquisitor with a tooled up Vestal is 640pts, which gives you 210 points to buy Raptora pistols or just stack more characters into the squad (plenty of room in the Acquisitor) like a judge to turn of reactions is sub 100pts. Its incredibly hard to shoot, fast and slaughters any character short of a Primarch. Fragile if anyone is around to hit back though! :D 

You could even swap out Krole for a (Cheaper) Knight Abyssal for a slightly less effective version up front but who could be a Maiden of Sorrow and really ramp up the damage once they take some wounds.

You can really max max Anathema for the same points as a marine deathstar though, so why save? :P 

• 2 weeks later...

You have things like a full 20 man Sun-Killer squad with volkite culverins... 100 shots hitting on on 2s, is going to kill just about anything by itsself... thats 785 points by itself...too bad you couldn't then add a techmarine with cognis sigum & Armistos to re-roll 1s for an additional chance at 6s, with a Master-crafted weapon of choice. It's definitely an easy ranged killing machine.

What are units that are difficult to kill, that gain super combo boons?

Insert Legion specific unit that's hard to kill, and can preferably deepstrike, attach a Moritat and Chaplain to said unit, add in an Apothecary if possible, otherwise an allied Primus Medicae that's also sworn brothers, followed by another allied detachment of sworn brothers with a telepathy/biomancy librarian or Herald to give fear/scoring.

My first thought would be something as follows;

Loyalists deliverers, bring a chaplain with Jump pack, moritat with Jump pack, salamanders Herald/Primus Medicae/biomancy librarian with Jump pack, and a Praetor with JP & hidden hand to give them fleet 2, T5 Battle Hardened (1), re-rolling melee hits because of hatred, fear, and wounding everything on 3+ or better thanks to Rad Grenades and it's size and loadout easily fits around the 800s points break, you could take this in a Recon RoW with multiple allied detachments. Or in the Decap RoW for that 5+++ the turn they deepstrike.

Then you have Suzerains, bring a moritat and chaplain, it's going to wipe out anything it touches in melee.

A pretty straightforward but nasty one would be:

Emperor's Children

Captain Lucius w/ Sonic Shriekers (no Laer Blade) 185pts

Salamander Allies

Cataphractii Primus Medicae w/ Thunder Hammer & Dragonscale Shield 155pts

8 Firedrakes w/ Thunder Hammers & Dragonscale Shields 505pts

845pts

Against any non-Fearless the Sonic Shriekers are going to make you -1 to Hit in the first round. Lucius also has Preferred Enemy (IC), so the Firedrakes are going to get re-rolls of 1 to hit and wound (though they had the hit re-rolls already). It's also extremely tough with 2+/3++/5+++. Lucius is a pretty good duelist too!

Edited by Brother Kraskor