There's no power feeds?!?!

Go to solution Solved by Marshal Reinhard,

I'm currently painting my Emperor's Champion, I'm about 4/5 finished and I just now noticed there are no power feeds into the black sword he carries! ... I've read nearly everything Black Library has produced on the Black Templars over the last few years and I can't remember anywhere it's said whether it's a power sword or just a regular special sword? Either way its cool, but I'm so used to having power feeds on every space marine sword I've painted that it's become an automated mental process lol

The Champion's Black Sword is one of a set of 10 artificer crafted Solarite blades, they are unique to the Chapter, and irreplaceable, whoever made them, (and I don't think it's ever been stated) made ten perfect blades.

We know that at least one was destroyed on the Terran Crusade from Macragge to Terra after Guilliman woke up. (It was Guilliman who did it, he shot it with the hand of dominion when it had been left embedded in the chest of Skarbrand), but it appears that the Chapter always manages to retrieve them somehow.

13 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

The Champion's Black Sword is one of a set of 10 artificer crafted Solarite blades, they are unique to the Chapter, and irreplaceable, whoever made them, (and I don't think it's ever been stated) made ten perfect blades.

We know that at least one was destroyed on the Terran Crusade from Macragge to Terra after Guilliman woke up. (It was Guilliman who did it, he shot it with the hand of dominion when it had been left embedded in the chest of Skarbrand), but it appears that the Chapter always manages to retrieve them somehow.

the originial sword is a gift of the emperor. It was given to sigismund by men of the Sigillite (Warhawk) but in SIGISMUND (Horus Heresy Character Series) it is stated that its the plan of the emperor. And its made out of blackstone (the material which can mainipulate the warp)

Sure. But that sword is not presently in use by the Chapter. It was last wielded by Sigismund in his final fight with Abaddon, and Abaddon sent it back to Terra with Sigismund's body, having inscribed on the blade the words: "We Are Returned."

There's no record of it since.

• 1 month later...

As I understand it...

Typically low end "cheaper" power weapons had power feeds because they had to be tied to an external power plant. 

Vs High Quality power weapons that had their power source built in.

I assume its about difficulty of manufacture. Also DAOT and early imperium having better tech than late imperium. 

Exceptions exist of course.  Some more powerful weapons will still have external power feeds because they demand more power than any internal device could supply.