bl.php?text=Blood%20Angels%20Unit%20of%20the%20Week%20Series&fontsize=25&bg=CE0018

Welcome to part four of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week series!

Following the release of the 10th edition Index, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will discuss the units from the units found within Index: Blood Angels, parts two to four will discuss Index: Space Marines, part five will be Imperial Armour, and part six will be Legends.

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

Without further ado, here's this week's entry:

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Repulsor

What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you play a Repulsor?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? 
  • Are you taking multiples?
  • Which Detachment are you using?
  • What cargo are you delivering, if any?
  • What Deployment options are you using?
  • What weapon options are you using?
  • Stratagem synergy of note?

Over to you.

Please note the Repulsor Executioner will be discussed elsewhere.

Should you want your model on display here (or on another thread), then submit a photo here please.

(Once I work out how best to float it!)

As an aside, the thread setup may change over the coming weeks until I'm happy with them. This includes the photos.

Solid delivery machine, though maybe a bit weak.  Would I prefer if it was a Land Raider a lot of the time?  Absolutely, if only because of that transport capacity on the shorter range LR variants.

I think it could also stand something along the lines of either a slight T boost or an Invuln save; feels like mine gets popped REAL quickly half the time.

1 hour ago, Goranged said:

I'm curious,  why Sternguard? Rule of cool?

Drive up, unload Sternguard and let them do their dakka with (hopefully) plenty of Devastating Wounds. If the enemy charges, hop back into the Repulsor and drive off.

You can do the same with Hellblasters or any other shooty unit but Hellblasters arguably work better in an Impulsor to eat any Hazardous MWs.

Yeah I don't hate Mephiston and a squad of Sternguard in one to drive around and just cap fools.  And if someone tries to charge them, you can either re-embark or if you think you can deal some damage (If they forgot Mephy has FF), you can just let the charge happen and devour them with Mephiston blender (And not for nothing, Sternguard aren't slouches!  They aren't great in melee, but not terrible).