Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Ed Exocrine

Brother Nathan

++Exocrine++
nids background.PNG

the big gun boi... how do you get the most out of its cannon? fire your thoughts in here

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

insert oze blasters here. this has been a pretty much auto include for me this edition. it des its thing and thats it. not as tough as the tyrannofex but at its points thats more than fair. great for killing tough infantry. also helps others to finish said thig off... great!it usually ends up being a hive priority target but thats ok if i can use a distraction to score. love it 

A+

edit(also running low on remaining units... i wasnt intending to do the forgeworlds, should i ?)

Edited by Brother Nathan

Yea, I'd agree it's pretty much at autotake level, unless you specifically have a reason not to. One of the 2 (?) units in he book that can shoot past 24" with a decent gun, and pretty much the only thing with reliable damage. I kind of dislike how much of a crutch it is, and think it would be great if other units were brought up to scratch to challenge it.

Great into marines at S8 D3, so able to wound meq on a 2+, and one shot gravis, it's a bit weaker but servicable into vehicles as it'll largely wound on 4+, but pair with a neurothrope to give it +1 to wound on battleshocked stuff and you'll have a good time. 

• 2 weeks later...