Solar Auxilia novels..

On 2/27/2024 at 5:56 PM, Marshal Rohr said:

They’re going to keep making stories set in the Heresy, so there’s still hope. 

Hopefully. Would be cool to get an Auxilia focussed novel for sure! 

16 hours ago, grailkeeper said:

Be interesting to see how it differs to a guard novel. 30k marines are different to 40k ones. Hopefully they aren't treated as just being the guard with a different name. Different mindset would be interesting to see there too.

I'd imagine they would be written quite differently. They're nothing like the guard in 40k. Everything about them is drastically different. 

Edited by TheWarmaster

• 1 month later...
On 2/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, TheWarmaster said:

I'd imagine they would be written quite differently. They're nothing like the guard in 40k. Everything about them is drastically different. 

Honestly if we do end up getting some books on the Solar Auxila, I don't think they'll be very good, because as you said, everything about them is drastically different. I struggle to believe that any of the BL writers would have read into the fluff enough to do them justice tbh

They aren't that different at their core, they come from a more optimistic age and have better toys but they are still human infantry in a horrible place, Kasrkin/Volpone or any other heavy elites are doing the same work since they expanded them out.

That and the notorious problems between departments is probably why we haven't seen a book, well, that and then not existing for most the series.

Edited by Noserenda