BA warlord trait for a Herald consul

Spagunk

Quick sound off:

Blood Angel's have a warlord trait that says the warlord gains the Fear (1) special rule against traitors (I.E. not all the time). Let's say I make my warlord a Herald which is allowed to be one this edition. The rules for Fear says that the effects are not cumulative which I understand to mean that multiple units cannot stack fear unless they have an ability to do otherwise. However by gaining fear for being a warlord plus being a herald which also grants fear, does that make it fear (2) or is Fear's cumulative rule still in play?

Encarmine Paladin warlord trait,isn't it? In my personal opinion is not accumulative, regardless of the source. As I understand, the sources are different. In a same single model, yes, but one rule comes from the warlord trait and another for the Consul upgrade.

But, as I said before, is a personal opinion.

Edited by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf

Yeah, I am leaning that way but wasn't certain if they determine source by model or source by rule.

USUALLY they tell you if something stacks but given that the BA warlord trait isn't specifically designed for a herald it's not specifically outlined. As such I lean toward more restrictive but wondering if someone had some rule somewhere that tells you outright.

4 hours ago, Spagunk said:

Yeah, I am leaning that way but wasn't certain if they determine source by model or source by rule.

USUALLY they tell you if something stacks but given that the BA warlord trait isn't specifically designed for a herald it's not specifically outlined. As such I lean toward more restrictive but wondering if someone had some rule somewhere that tells you outright.

I think the game designers didn't think about that possibility. It is a bit odd, to me at least, put an Herald as Warlord, so maybe they didn't expect such use.

Edited by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf