Playing on 5x3 - deployment and no man's land

I've dug an old table out the garage which measures 5x3, and I bizarrely have exactly 15 LI tiles - I have no idea where the 16th has gone....but anyway, which of these options is better for playing on a smaller table;

Lengthways - 12" deployment zones, 12" no man's land

Lengthways - 6" deployment zones, 24" no man's land

Widthways - 12" deployment zones, 36" no man's land

Widthways - 18" deployment zones, 24" no man's land.

I know the standard GW game is to have 24", but I'm fishing for opinions as to growing or shrinking no man's land and the effect it may have on gameplay.  

I’ve not played Legions Imperialis yet, but for most games, the 6” deployment zone, 24” no-man’s land works ok. You have the same distance between armies (so don’t give extra benefit to assault-focused army) and you have a nice wide board to encourage flank attacks and outmanoeuvring. Who suffers? Artillery who wanted to hide right at the back. And low morale troops who run off. Consider extra rally option at table edge.

Of course the real connoisseur’s choice is a diagonal deployment zone at something like 15 degrees with a 24” no-mans land. I can’t give you the exact dimensions without getting out a piece of paper and revising my trigonometry!  You have to define carefully the “what counts as own board edge” but it would allow a little corner to hide that artillery.