A Black Templar Techmarine, simple adaptation of the Iron Father miniature

To summarize the work done to Iron Father Feirros:

• cut up the axe by
    - gluing ONLY the thumb to the axe-hand
    - cutting the hand off at the wrist, with thumb connected
    - cutting down the right hand vambrace to allow cuff rotation
    - cut off the spike from the very bottom and placed it on top, to mirror the regular Primaris Techmarine's forge axe
    - separated the augmetic hand on both sides of the axe shaft
    - cut off the "lighsabeer" portion which was above the spike, used it to elongate the remainder of the axe, achieving further consistency with the regular forge axe
    - removed the "power box" entirely, may replace it close to the blade, like on PT's forge axe
    - cut off and rotated the entire top blade assembly, to line it up with the way the axe is held (along the forearm line)
    - attached the right hand into the right arm socket, in upright position
  • magnetized the right arm in the upright position
  • magnetized the left arm in a resting position
  • cleaned up the augmetic from remains of the axe shaft and attached a cut down plasma pistol to align with the augmetic
  • magnetized two heads, a Blood Angel one with removed tears from the side and one of veteran Primaris heads
  • attached a Black Templar tilting shield and shoulder pad
  • cut down the mounting point of the right side "arc welding tool" and made it stick up from the side in a sort of "resting" position, rather than protrude forwards interfere with the axe 

All in all, this took me less than two hours. Extremely pleased, this was a blast to do :D

jMoFxWf.jpg

Bblgi6Y.jpg

NHFdzbM.jpg

UNugFR7.jpg

3gzWyMw.jpg

03zQrRk.jpg

Edited by Kastor Krieg

2 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

minor nitpick: the three hexagons inside the cog on his right shoulder is very distinctly a Clan Raukaan symbol of the Iron hands.

Ah! Didn't realize, thought it was a Mechanicum thing. I think I'll leave it be, it looks the part well enough :D

Very nice, looks awesome! My suggestions:

- Having the axe haft planted into the ground looks the best because that is the direction he is leaning towards. Maybe extend the  slab or add a smaller amount of rubble beneath it for the axe to stick into?

- Open top head looks good, the helmet is kinda dull. If you're looking for a great tech marine BT helmet, the Castellan has a unique one.