MKIII armour and kitbash

DG love mk3, we all know that. New HH box brings some cheap mk3 bodies with improved scale, so I tested some kitbash with spare Plague marine bits. 

size-comparison-between-new-mkiii-and-40k-death-guard-based-v0-fwraa3nt97ub1.jpg.8f5a7a8152ec0409a4ac0b146c86041f.jpg

(from reddit: size comparison of official produt photos)

The height and width of torso is ok. If holding some weapons on chest, the appearace isn't too problemical if standing next to a 100% Plague marine model:

_20240309111443.thumb.jpg.2c0f6dba55c076c3439fb2f670a4ee7a.jpg

Of course when looking at close range, the difference is easy to see. Plaguemarine has much thicker shanks. You can add some tentacles to make it look more Nurgle-y. 

_20240309111500.thumb.jpg.629386176f6d103aaf9f702553bab6bd.jpg

size-comparison-between-new-mkiii-and-40k-death-guard-based-v0-fwraa3nt97ub1.webp

I don't think they need to be 1-to-1 matches - swap some plague marine arms, heads and backpacks onto the HH models, and the HH bits onto some plague marines and throw them all in a unit and they should all look fine together.  I find with this kind of kit bash, if you just put 1 next to the other they look more different than if you have a number of varying models all lumped together, in which case any size or style differences between individual models looks more like a feature than a bug.

Further, if the legs are a big distinguishing feature, in addition to the head/arm swaps, saw some models in half at the waist and swap legs between the HH and PM models

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

I don't think they need to be 1-to-1 matches - swap some plague marine arms, heads and backpacks onto the HH models, and the HH bits onto some plague marines and throw them all in a unit and they should all look fine together.  I find with this kind of kit bash, if you just put 1 next to the other they look more different than if you have a number of varying models all lumped together, in which case any size or style differences between individual models looks more like a feature than a bug.

Further, if the legs are a big distinguishing feature, in addition to the head/arm swaps, saw some models in half at the waist and swap legs between the HH and PM models

99123001037_HHLAMKIIITacticalSquad06.jpg

Unfortunately, new mkiii sprue didn't provide any special weapons other than very basic bolters. No plasma, melta or champion melee stuff. Plague marine kits already include more than sufficient bolters, and 10th rules strongly recommend not to use any basic bolters on plague marines at all. The only place these mkiii guns can go to, is "corpse" bits container box.