Kroot vs Catachans on WH+

WH+ has a batrep featuring the new kroot boxset with Catachan guard as the opposition. 

I found it interesting they specified Catachan detachment and highlighted the Catachan command squad kit, rather than just saying guard and showing Catachans.

could this be a small effort to help raise the profile of the jungle bois before a Catachan kit release sometime this year, or am I reading too much into this?

Interesting they chose Catachan for the Kroot to fight.

I understand all the Kroot hype by GW with the T'au codex due soon but does picking Catachan mean the AM codex could be coming soon as well, I hope so but doubt it.

20 minutes ago, casb1965 said:

I understand all the Kroot hype by GW with the T'au codex due soon but does picking Catachan mean the AM codex could be coming soon as well, I hope so but doubt it.

I think we’ll see a Catachan KT this year, and a krieg refresh around mid 2025 with codex release, and then maybe a Catachan refresh sometime in 2026 or 2027

18 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

and then maybe a Catachan refresh sometime in 2026 or 2027

By which time we'll be in 12th edition.

On 3/11/2024 at 12:13 PM, casb1965 said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Thematically Catachans suit Kroot best as adversaries, and a battle report of Marines kerblamming their newest release probably would be as fun.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Remain_Indoors said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Thematically Catachans suit Kroot best as adversaries, and a battle report of Marines kerblamming their newest release probably would be as fun.

It’s thematic but they could have simply shown the catchan models, and said astra militarum which is what they typically do, even when referring to armies using only one type of models.

also they can use whatever army they want, they don’t have to use a meta list to oppose the new hotness.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

15 hours ago, Remain_Indoors said:

Oh I didn't,  hence the "doubt it" comment, a new AM codex is wishful thinking and not likely to happen this year. 

On 3/14/2024 at 9:03 AM, Tokugawa said:

Catachans desperately need new models, more urgently than any other IG units. Kill team is a way to deliver their new model earlier than IG codex.

Definitely. The command squad hold up thanks to its more “recent” release, but I’ve been buying the infantry squad for twenty five years now and they aren’t holding up. 

The old metal catachans look far better in my honest opinion. Is there any scuttle butt about upcoming catachan? I know there have been rumors about krieg.

Do these warhammer plus battle reports come out later on YouTube or are they always locked?

1 hour ago, brother_b said:

The old metal catachans look far better in my honest opinion. Is there any scuttle butt about upcoming catachan? I know there have been rumors about krieg.

Do these warhammer plus battle reports come out later on YouTube or are they always locked?

There’s been a rumor of a Catachan KT at some point, but when is unknown.

I like where your head is at OP, because using those butt ugly models in a premium bat rep just doesn’t make sense to me. They’re using 20 plus year old sculpts? Why? It seems like it has some kind of subliminal point to it. That said, I’d be shocked if there’s anything coming for Catachans in the near future, even though they already have the colonel and sergeant ripper out in the wild. 

14 hours ago, USNCenturion said:

I like where your head is at OP, because using those butt ugly models in a premium bat rep just doesn’t make sense to me. They’re using 20 plus year old sculpts? Why? It seems like it has some kind of subliminal point to it. That said, I’d be shocked if there’s anything coming for Catachans in the near future, even though they already have the colonel and sergeant ripper out in the wild. 

It was all worded and presented in such a weird way, it hit me immediately, unlike a lot of things they say they do, it takes a bit to sink in that something was off about the way the presented it, so it seems obvious if we’re not getting the rumored KT this year, then it’s probably happening in the 1st quarter of next year.