is it possible to kill a deamon?

so can you 'kill' a deamon (lesser) like a bloodletter or blue horror. can you stop them returning to the warp? has anyone every done this? (a non daemon killing a daemon)

(if you have killed one yourself please let me know so I can get rid of mine)

Edited by terminator ultra

Possible yes, but it requires a special relic or ritual and I think the True Name as well.

It is very difficult though. Not for me, because I'm awesome and I can kill Daemons as fast as other people eat Weetabix because my faith in the Emperor carries the strength of ten thousand hurricanes. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 2:56 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

I can kill Daemons as fast as other people eat Weetabix because my faith in the Emperor carries the strength of ten thousand hurricanes. 

sponsership?

Definitely possible, there's old lore of the chaos gods 'dissolving' daemonic essences/personailties also.

The Eldar were kind of similar, where their souls were strong enough to survive the warp then be reborn. When the warp became more turbulent, higher energy with the birth of slaanesh, slaanesh began to consume the nuggets of eldar souls as they floated in the warp. I'd imagine with enough power, it's possible to fully dissipate the congealed soul matter. 

It might be like oil on water - they separate and remain distinct, and if the oil is pulled below the surface, it tries to return to the surface. Even if shaken, it'll still float to the top, unless you add a n emulsifier and shake it, breaking up the oil globules and dissipating them. 

Edited by Xenith

2 hours ago, Xenith said:

Definitely possible, there's old lore of the chaos gods 'dissolving' daemonic essences/personailties also.

The Eldar were kind of similar, where their sould were strong enough to survive the warp then be reborn. When the warp became more turbulent, higher energy with the birth of slaanesh, slaanesh began to consume the nuggets of eldar souls as they floated in the warp. I'd imagine with enough power, it's possible to fully dissipate the congealed soul matter. 

It might be like oil on water - they separate and remain distinct, and if the oil is pulled below the surface, it tries to return to the surface. Even if shaken, it'll still float to the top, unless you add a n emulsifier and shake it, breaking up the oil globules and dissipating them. 

Can’t believe you had to come here and ruin everything with science :tongue:

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

So if you’re the emperor then presumably you could do this to a daemon too.

add that to a long list of things you can do if you add íf you're the emperor to'

@Xenithlutin in disguise?

@TheArtillerymanso you call basic cooking science?

Edited by terminator ultra

14 minutes ago, terminator ultra said:

don't you?

Dunno … I cook quite a lot (trust me I’m no chef but I manage) and I’ve never had to cook anything that requires putting oil in water … I’m probably missing something :laugh: 

I’m probably risking having a second lot of posts deleted in one day for off topic though so yeah, daemons can probably be killed. I imagine oil might have something to do with the ritual required :p

Edited by TheArtilleryman

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Killing Daemons

Obviously, Daemon killing weapons work (as that's their job).

We've been shown a few times that bringing the Light of the Emperor into the Warp itself obliterates Daemons, so there's that.

If you were a Chaos God (or some other strong enough warp entity), you could simply reabsorb a Daemon split off from you and therefore its existence as an independent being ceases.

Most Wards, Rituals and True Naming stuff merely banish the Daemon back to the warp for a long time tho.