Anyone notice that GW switched paint vendors maybe up to a year ago?

I noticed it when their spray cans went from the superior white nozzles to the new skinny red capped ones? Thats around the same time I started noticing a quality difference in their sprays which were coming down to whether it had the white nozzle or the new one? The versions in the white nozzle's were superior and worked like the they always have ... Also more recent I've noticed GW paints a lot more watery in the pot too, and some colors simply not being a match on the rack. Saw it with an older Apothecary White vs a newer one, they were side by side on the store rack. 

Can't speak to any new cans, as they haven't hit Oz yet (just bought a can 2 days ago and got a white nozzle), but I wouldn't be judging a paint match based on pots on the rack, especially Apothecary White. 

A lot of the contrasts settle and separate over time and require vigorous shaking prior to use, an unshaken Apothecary White on the shelf could very well look very different the pot beside it on the shelf, and will look very different to a shaken one ready for use.

This is true of regular paints too, and I've personally noticed it with a lot of GWs greys and whites.

Well it's not a change in vendor because GW manufacture the paint themselves and have done for many years; at least back as far as 2018/19 (where there is reference to paint manufacturing machines in the financial report) and probably even further back than that. They moved paint production out of the main factory to a dedicated site, but that was nearly 2 years ago so unlikely to have had any noticeable effect within the last year. Even so it's the same gear run by the same people, so the actual makeup of the paint should only have changed if they changed the recipes, no?

As for change of nozzles, are we sure that wasn't a temporary supply chain issue? Cans I've bought recently (in the UK) have still had white nozzles, but then again they could be older stock so I can't be certain one way or the other.

Edited by Halandaar