Did You Start Thousand Sons After Reading The Ahriman Books By John French?

Just curious if a lot of people started their TS armies that way? I read the Ahriman books last year and thought they were awesome books (a big fan of John French ever since). If I was to do an army for 40k that wasn't Imperial Fists, it would most likely be Thousand Sons, purely because of the books. 

It was actually A Thousand Sons by McNeil that got me into the legion. I had always liked Chaos, but that book got me into Tzeentch. Conversely, my dislike of Space Wolves started with Prospero Burns. 

The Ahriman series is great however, and I could see myself getting into Tzeentch from those books. Ignis in particular is such a lovely character

I wish John French had been given the reins to the Iron Hands during the Heresy. His work was my favorite and I despise the route that was taken, it basically killed y interest in the series

Edited by sitnam

• 1 month later...

From my perspective, it was a long time coming waiting to hear more about Ahriman and was happy to read and finally get it. I started 1ksons as a primary army when I saw the old pewter lord of change/pewter static pose rubric marine and Ahriman back around late 2nd ed/early 3rd ed. 

The novel PAWNS of CHAOS was a book that helped back in the day.