According to Auspex Tactics, the contents of the new combat patrol are:

1x Enforcer Commander

10x Breachers

10x Pathfinders

1x Devilfish

Information comes from this video:

Auspex doesn't say what the source of the leak is, rather that a person showed him where it was.

Lower total MSRP but seems better purchase value than the last patrol box? Spare ethereal or fireblade models don't worth much on secondary market.

Works for me, as it combos pretty tidily with the Start Collecting set I picked up a while back.

5 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Auspex doesn't say what the source of the leak is, rather that a person showed him where it was.

Echoing my point in another thread, not really a leak because social media people have had the Kroot box (and thus the Codex) in hand for a couple of weeks and today is the day the embargo lifts and those people can post their review videos/articles/whatever.

Today is the day GW plans for us to find this stuff out, therefore not a "leak".

Edited by Halandaar

First of the new Combat Patrol boxes to have a larger model in the form of the Devilfish.  So far they have been taking away vehicle/centre piece models out from the boxes.

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Today is the day GW plans for us to find this stuff out, therefore not a "leak".

I've not seen anyone else post anything about this yet.

Just Auspex at like 2 in the morning.

I highly doubt GW "intends" for us to find out these kind of things anyway other than through their official channels.

If the review embargo had ended, surely multiple influences and warhammer news reporters would have made a video about this.

Just now, Indy Techwisp said:

I've not seen anyone else post anything about this yet.

Just Auspex at like 2 in the morning.

I highly doubt GW "intends" for us to find out these kind of things anyway other than through their official channels.

If the review embargo had ended, surely multiple influences and warhammer news reporters would have made a video about this.

Valrak did post about this a month or so ago to be fair.

Also isn't it on a two week pre-order anyway? The embargos are always timed to when the product is available on shelves rather than preorder.

As someone who doesn't already collect Tau but might do sometime in the future this is a more attractive box as a starting point than the last one. Although I like the ghostkeel the regular stealth suits were a bit of a turn off plus it's nice to have the extra infantry and a with a transport to boot, the commander is also a great looking model.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Embargos (at least influencer embargos) are timed for preorder, not release date.

Right you are as I found this:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2024/03/16/kroot-hunting-pack-unboxing-tau-empire-codex-review-warhammer-40k-10th-edition/

And it confirms the combat patrol contents to what was rumoured a bit ago.

Ooh.

This Combat Patrol having a Devilfish and Pathfinders works for me as I'd want to go mechanised ideally (appreciating I'd still need to pick up extra Devilfish, I miss the 'Troop and Transport' boxes I swear they did years ago).

Maybe it's time to grab a current Combat Patrol.

18 hours ago, Karhedron said:

This continues an odd trend from the Dark Angels CP of having a Character who cannot join any of the squads. 

True… but if it’s at a saving then it’ll be good to get anyway , all those units are :thumbsup:

M

20 hours ago, Karhedron said:

This continues an odd trend from the Dark Angels CP of having a Character who cannot join any of the squads. 

It’s GW’s way of saying buy this, so we can make you buy an extra crisis suit box for £50 to make everything work. 

So, as someone who has maybe a box of Pathfinders and a Strike/Breacher Team (picked up from Kill Teams).

I'm thinking the way to build a force would be one or two of the new Combat Patrol for some more mobile infantry (and could cover off both Commander types) and a current Combat Patrol for some different stuff.

Now, can I convince myself to actually do it? :laugh:

On 3/16/2024 at 9:57 AM, Indy Techwisp said:

They have; quick skim of YouTube has multiple full Codex reviews posted yesterday.

Also, of course GW intends it. They send people preview copies and specify what day they can post the content on. They wouldn't do that at all if they wanted complete control of the information coming out.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, ZeroWolf said:

The embargos are always timed to when the product is available on shelves rather than preorder.

No, it's always preorder day and has been as far back as they've been doing influencer preview copies. You can find multiple full Codex reviews, as well as army set unboxing vids, posted yesterday, and you can go back and see the same for other newly released content (GMGs review of the new Dawnbringers book posted exactly 8 days ago, for example)

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

They have; quick skim of YouTube has multiple full Codex reviews posted yesterday.

Also, of course GW intends it. They send people preview copies and specify what day they can post the content on. They wouldn't do that at all if they wanted complete control of the information coming out.

No, it's always preorder day and has been as far back as they've been doing influencer preview copies. You can find multiple full Codex reviews, as well as army set unboxing vids, posted yesterday, and you can go back and see the same for other newly released content (GMGs review of the new Dawnbringers book posted exactly 8 days ago, for example)

You clearly didn't see the post I made after that one where I ceeded that point :sweat::laugh:

Yeah I JUST bought the old combat patrol because I wanted a strike team and some stealth suits, and a friend wanted the Ghostkeel (for some reason, battlesuits are big enough, thanks) but I probably should have waited, huh? Oh well, I can always get more infantry out of this one later in the year.